1.    #1  
    Sorry but i had to make a thread about this.
    People keep going on and making ridiculous claims of my speeds doubled because i ran the test once after and it gave me a high number.

My speed got lowered by 80%, no it didn't unless you messed the settings up real bad. If you look at the thread even i made some stupid *** posts, like i changed the buffer to 3 and i got 1.2mb!! No that did nothing because i ran the test right after and got 700kb.

i ran at least 40 tests with both default settings and optimized buffer and home area settings. Everytime i ran it the speeds fluctuated greatly!
    They went from 400kb-1.3mb

The Settings do absolutley nothing, THE ONLY way they can help is, if you had some really messed up settings in there. Sprint automatically sets those for you, so that wouldn't be a problem for 99% of people.

The only thing the buffer can do is decide how long you wait for the video or song to load before it streams.

Save yourself time and a headache of restarting the phone over and over again, and trying different settings. It will do absolutely nothing.

I haven't even tried out the Smooth out your sprint tv, but i can tell it won't do anything. It's like saying i changed my IP address on my computer, and my now my internet runs smoother, *** are you saying.

All these things are like Psuedo-Sciences, is based on absolutley nothing.

Only the buffer changes might help with streaming video & music, but it won't make your internet faster.

The Speed has everything to do with Sprint and our hardware, not tweaked settings.

If you really want to make your phone faster and have a better internet experience install this app

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...u-scaling.html or
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ple-patch.html or the new 800mhz,720mhz!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html

The only thing that can speed things up is the processor being overclocked. Will it shorten the life of your phone, most likely yes it depends on if it gets hotter or not. Does it matter if you have a good or bad CPU, yes it does.

But that patch helped me get a faster better experience on my phone, and from some tests it actually helped save battery even overclocked! But i will have to keep testing it to be sure.

It's like people have never used computers before, use your common sense.
    It's like why can some phones overclock and others can't, because just like computers running the same exact hardware and the same exact software,
    some of the chips are better made then others. Just like Cars some years are more reliable then others.

I tried all of the things above if you still want to go and waste your time go ahead. I just wish before people make threads with such tremendous claims they would actually test these things out, instead of speaking like its 100% sure and wasting our time.
    Last edited by gselsidi; 03/29/2010 at 01:05 PM.
    Actually, I said the same basic thing in the actual "EVDO speed" thread (God help me, every single time I type EVDO I mistype it as DEVO). The one setting that would be a benefit is the setting to delay the interval that the phone checks for voice calls. That's about it. Nothing else is really within your control. Sure, it can help a tiny bit, but nobody seems to get the difference in how speed tests run.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Actually, I said the same basic thing in the actual "EVDO speed" thread (God help me, every single time I type EVDO I mistype it as DEVO). The one setting that would be a benefit is the setting to delay the interval that the phone checks for voice calls. That's about it. Nothing else is really within your control. Sure, it can help a tiny bit, but nobody seems to get the difference in how speed tests run.
    DEVO sounds like a big black guy in jail lol
    devo was a funky all white geeky guy band kind of a funk pop lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Worse. Google them. Add "Whip It" in there if you DO get big black guys in jail.
  6.    #6  
    ohh yeah those gay white nerdy guys lol
    damn asian people! And don't even get me started on those frosty eskimoes!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    damn asian people! And don't even get me started on those frosty eskimoes!
    u sound like a ****ing racist.
    I'm not. I'm just making fun of the black vs white tension over here. What I'm really a racist towards is pink flamingos. Damn those long neck *******s walking around in their feathery pink.