1.    #1  
    everyone i show my phone to says that it's "Awesome." I really think Palm failed in their advertising. They never showed the features of the phone.

Even the new commercial, which is a breath of fresh air, doesn't really show anything the phone can do to someone who knows nothing about it. They really should have showed off the multitasking and gesture based controls more in the ads.
    They do show it but I don't think people realize that is actually how the phone works and not just something for the commerical. The Pre is amazing.
    yes, the Pre is amazing...but Palm was too slow on release.

also, the whole time, Sprint had not market the phone as well as they should (prior to the Plus release)

it's a shame....I've been a Palm loyalist since the treo 600 days...bummer
    Maybe if Palm did a series of commercials and showed one or two items at a time. "episode one - Palm Pre does xxx like this"
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    if they 'show it' but people arnt realizing that's how the pre works then tehe ad fails
    They never should have those commercials with the weird chick. I hope whatever marketing company they hired is out of business.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Wall Street (spoken):
    Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!

Gizmodo (spoken):
    Here's one.

Palm (spoken):
    I'm not dead!

Wall Street (spoken):
    He says he's not dead!

Gizmodo (spoken):
    Yes he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    Palm (spoken):
    I'm not dead!
    Palm spoke!
    And those of us that believe in Palm need to stand behind them even more now. Now they need our help. Are you there?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Palm spoke!
    And those of us that believe in Palm need to stand behind them even more now. Now they need our help. Are you there?
    LOL
    I hope the marketing company that serviced palm goes out of business. Hopefully this shows other companies how important marketing is. Look at Apple, a bunch of fluff and a 3 year old device and theyre still selling like hotcakes, because their marketing is good. And its so simple. Just show what it does. Do a side by side. Show Dieter's video of 50 apps open at the same time. Do Something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Palm spoke!
    yap I'm here ready to pickup the nexus one or supersonic, hopefully next week.
    some of the homemade commercials posted here woild be great advertising
    I don't think it was just the arguably ineffective advertising. Palm did not "bring it" when it came to the hardware. IMO, management thought that the fantastic WebOS would be enough to sell the Pre
    (and save Palm and Sprint). It could of if, besides better advertising that showed what WebOS could do, the hardware was better. It's as if they didn't realize they had to leapfrog the competition (Iphone, samsung and HTC phones, etc) in the Smartphone space. The average phone buying laymen that is not technical when it comes to computers specs is more versed when it comes to phone specs. Where was the minimum 16gig, 3.5 inch AMOLED screen, 5mp auto focus camera with LED flash and fm radio. The Pre didn't have the equivalent of "curb appeal" that a house that you know you want to purchase has so you walk in and check it out. And just as important, the keyboard and just the general feel (build quality) turned alot of people I know off right away. When I showed them what the Pre can do people are usually impressed. But that's just the OS. Prospective buyers have to like it when it's in their hands. To tell the truth I love my Pre too but that's just the OS. Even from when it was announced at CES in 2009 I was underwhelmed by the hardware.