Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I just went by the local radioshack to pick up a pixi for my daughter while they are free. There are none available in all the radioshack stores. I was told they are not getting more in as they have stopped bringing them all together. He said he has not seen anything proof wise but the rumor around was they were getting rid of that inventory because they are getting the plus versions. Who knows what is right. I know a lot of you live for rumors so there it is.
    I'd be surprised. Maybe if ATT were getting the Pre/Pixi, which hasn't been all that well confirmed except for delay speculation, but I'd highly doubt on Sprint. Who knows.........they phased out the 800w pretty darn fast, after all. Take what they say with a grain of salt, they're even more clueless than actual carrier sales reps. Gots all those batteries to sell, ya know.
    While we are still selling them, the focus is shifting from the Pixi to the new 8530 curve from Sprint, now in bright cherry red. So this is true, in a way. It will not be on display, but we are still stocking it for now.

But what do I know? I am, apparently, clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    While we are still selling them, the focus is shifting from the Pixi to the new 8530 curve from Sprint, now in bright cherry red. So this is true, in a way. It will not be on display, but we are still stocking it for now.

But what do I know? I am, apparently, clueless.
    Not directed at you, personally. I don't even bother with Radio Shack here, they give zero training on products these days. Was different in the old days, when I worked for RS, we were expected to know our stuff, or we didn't get paid.

You guys don't carry the full Sprint line anyway, just whatever RS decides to market for a time period, unless that changed. I couldn't even order the phone I wanted awhile back, I had to drive three hours into NY state to get one at a Sprint corporate store.
    Quote Originally Posted by terr View Post
    I just went by the local radioshack to pick up a pixi for my daughter while they are free. There are none available in all the radioshack stores. I was told they are not getting more in as they have stopped bringing them all together. He said he has not seen anything proof wise but the rumor around was they were getting rid of that inventory because they are getting the plus versions. Who knows what is right. I know a lot of you live for rumors so there it is.
    Well the upside to this is, Palm makes the Plus versions and we need Palm to move units..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    usually when you see a huge price drop and places being out of stock across many locations, it says new models are coming - or they are dropping the model all together. Seems reasonably easy for them to get the plus_ or the plus++, or whhatever sprint will call the next one...
    I just picked my son up a pre for free at Radio Shack. I had to drive to one 45 min away because they were the only RS around that had them. They all had Pixis but we need the wifi.
    My radio shack here at the Pre and Pixi's as well.
    hey radioshack is clueless until the last minute when we get notice of a new product. Any rs team member know the old att aircard recently? We stopped receiving them for a good month or so and now we got the new lg. So it happens. And I don't know about anyone we are not pushin the 8530 red curve. It's just a new color phone, quit acting as all new phones on the shack need to be push we don't get paid for viral advertisement