Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    A few days ago, my Pre started giving me problems, this after several weeks of working just fine under WebOS 1.4.

On the Launcher, I have had three patches installed for quite some time: 4x4 v3, Enable Add/Delete Pages, and Named Pages in Launcher. They've been working beautifully. I have five pages in the launcher, each named, and each with the apps arranged to my particular needs. I have not added any new patches which would affect the Launcher, so I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.

All of a sudden, however, every time the phone resets, I go down from five pages to three (still named), with the bulk of the apps crowded onto the first page. The next two pages have only the apps which come stock on the second and third pages, and the first page is arranged totally without rhyme or reason.

I have removed the patches for the launcher, Luna or Device Restarted, added the patches back in, and still it does the same thing. I have tried removing the patches for the launcher, Luna or Device Restarted, NOT added the patches back in, and still ... it does the same thing.

Having to search for where my important apps are on the page really annoys; this is really taking away from the utility of my Pre--and I LOOOOOVVVE my Pre, so this rankles all the more.

Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know of a fix which wouldn't involve taking my Pre back to stock?

Thanks several million in advance!
    I've heard of this happening a few times before. The other people didn't provide such a detailed account so I can't cross reference patches. If I were you I'd be tempted to visit the doctor just because I hate knowing there's a bug crawling around my device that didn't used to be there

It may simply be due to a corrupt file that stores the locations of the icons. Perhaps you could try using the WebOS Repair Utility (with compatibility mode ON) to start with.