Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I'm on my 3rd Pre now, had it since October. In the beginning of January, I noticed my battery would drain way faster than normal. It'd drain down from fully charged to 50% by 3pm with no use at all. I had bought my dad one of those extended life batteries for his birthday, and he gave me his old battery which has worked fine until a few days ago. I woke up at 6am, 100% charged. As of noon today I'm at 53% - I sent ONE text message and that's it.

Has anyone ever had an issue where the phone itself was consuming more battery power than normal? I'm starting to wonder if the batteries aren't the issue, but the phone itself is, and is there any way I can check?
    The trouble is that there are so many variables involved - it's really impossible for us to say without spending time with your phone.

You may need to consider power saving tips - for example:
    • Log out from your GTalk/Yahoo/AIM messenger service during the day.
    • Turn your GPS receiver off.
    • Make sure your Bluetooth and Wifi receivers aren't constantly trying to connect to a router/device that is out of range.
    • Switch from 3G & 2G mode to 2G only if you use Wifi for internet
    • Consider your area - is your phone radio constantly going out of range & searching for a network?
    • Clock speed - have you installed any old or new patches that affect the processor which might have an effect on your battery life?
    • Backups - have you tried turning OFF backups, and then re-enabling them? Some users have stated that this fixes their battery problems.
    • Open applications - have you got any apps that are constantly open and regularly pinging servers (for example twitter)?
    • Email - have you set your email notification to "As Mail Arrives"? Or is your phone checking it every 5 minutes?
    • Have you tried a Full Erase and WebOS Doctor? Some users have found that simply by wiping the firmware/software and starting from scratch the problem is resolved.

I doubt that your battery is the problem because so many other users have the same complaints - so I would be tempted to blame the firmware and/or the software and/or your own user habits. No offence
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    No, I appreciate this. Like I said, my dad gave me HIS Pre battery and after 2 months it started taking a dive as well, so I've tested with 2 batteries. I don't use a messenger service twitter, Facebook, none of that. I do have GPS always on and have my e-mail check as it comes, but that's always been that way and I didn't have issues before. I always have wi-fi on as well, which has alays been that way for me.

I did turn my backup off and re-enable it, thanks. I hope that does something. I just noticed my calculator icon is missing (just an empty box), so maybe a full erase and using WebOS Doctor will help. I will try that as well. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    No, I appreciate this. Like I said, my dad gave me HIS Pre battery and after 2 months it started taking a dive as well, so I've tested with 2 batteries. I don't use a messenger service twitter, Facebook, none of that. I do have GPS always on and have my e-mail check as it comes, but that's always been that way and I didn't have issues before. I always have wi-fi on as well, which has alays been that way for me.

I did turn my backup off and re-enable it, thanks. I hope that does something. I just noticed my calculator icon is missing (just an empty box), so maybe a full erase and using WebOS Doctor will help. I will try that as well. Thank you!
    You're welcome Just remember to backup before doing that. Hope it works out for you.

PS. By the way are you using an official charger? Sometimes charging electronics with an unofficial charger can mess with the battery capacity.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    After I deactivated and re-activated the backup, I had it backup immediately. When I get home I'll run the doctor.

I use the official charger at home, but at work I use a 3rd party USB cable hooked to my work computer.