1.    #1  
    I'll set aside speculation for the moment about whether or not Palm will survive, and just say that one of the things I'll miss the most if they don't make it is Synergy. It's amazing just how much I use its features without even thinking about it, and it's become even more apparent just how much I'd miss it as I've researched the alternatives.

This is how it's working for me:

1. Multiple Calendars: I have available on my Pre today the following calendars:

- My work Outlook calendar syncing via Exchange Activesync (EAS), visible in the "All Calendars" view
    - My personal Outlook calendar, syncing from my PC to Google via Companionlink for Google and then to the Pre, set to visible in the "All Calendars" view
    - My wife's, son's, and daughter's calendars, managed in Outlook on my wife's PC and syncing as above, set to not visible in the "All Calendars" view
    - My Facebook events, syncing via Synergy, set to not visible in my "All Calendars" view
    - I've also had a Fandango calendar when I've scheduled movies, set to visible in the "All Calendars" view, and other applications can create calendars as needed
    - I could also be syncing Yahoo! calendars if I used any.

I can manage which of these shows up on my main calendar view, and they're all keep in sync in the background. In short, I can plan my time in one calendar application across the most important people in my life.

2. Contacts: I have available on my Pre in a single, integrated view, all of my contacts from the following sources:

- My contacts from my work Outlook, syncing via EAS
    - My contacts from my personal Outlook folder, syncing from my PC to Google via Companionlink for Google and then to the Pre
    - My Facebook friends, with Facebook profile pics
    - My LinkedIn network
    - My company's Exchange global address book available on searches with the Email app and Universal Search
    - I could also be syncing Yahoo! contacts if I had any.

I have access to all information on every contact in one place, synced and de-duplicated automatically and without effort. I literally have never in my life had to worry less about being able to stay in contact with people.

3. Email: I have available on my Pre in a single, unified Inbox view, the following email accounts:

- My work email, via EAS
    - Gmail via EAS
    - Yahoo! via IMAP

I can deal with these email accounts one at a time or all together.

Now, from my understanding, there's no other platform that can boast nearly the same level of integration. And of all webOS functionality, this is the one I'd miss the most for how it actually impacts my ability to manage my life.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'm with you I think there's a lot more they could do to improve Synergy but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's already brilliant.
  3.    #3  
    I asked my boss if he could duplicate this on his Droid. He couldn't answer, but maybe someone else can: does Android support this level of integration, and if not, how close does it come?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I asked my boss if he could duplicate this on his Droid. He couldn't answer, but maybe someone else can: does Android support this level of integration, and if not, how close does it come?
    I was curious about this as well considering the motorola droid commercial i've seen glamourizes its ability to sync multiple accounts. Maybe it's a 'lite' version of webOS synergy. (a lot like the way they stole the idea of a 'card system'. Even though that's nowhere near multitasking capable like the pre or pixi does it).
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I believe that that depends on which Android device. Manufacturers are reproducing different features of Synergy, though I'm not sure if any one manufacturer has all of them yet.
    I have to agree with you. I would terribly miss Synergy, and I am not even using it as heavily as you appear to be. I simply cannot stand having fragmented contacts, and I love the way Synergy pulls everything under one contact, and its so easy to link.
    Windows Phone 7 will offer Synergy and it seems to be even better than Palm's implementation because it is done on the app level. Just watch the videos about Windows Phone 7. I have decided to wait till HTC brings the HD3 and then I am switching, unless of course Palm does sth on the hardware level...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    yeah, windows 7 is synergy will be a league or two beyond palms, which is actually pretty annoying since--and I've been talking about this for a long while--palm seemed to imply that synergy was something bigger than it turned out to be

dumping all your information in one place is great, but the truth is you can do it on any platform these days

getting programs that talk to each other as standard was something palm hinted at but never came close to coming through on (besides an option to open up google maps through Yelp, let's say)
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    Windows Phone 7 will offer Synergy and it seems to be even better than Palm's implementation because it is done on the app level. Just watch the videos about Windows Phone 7. I have decided to wait till HTC brings the HD3 and then I am switching, unless of course Palm does sth on the hardware level...
    Winmo is a joke. Win7 or not. It only exists because of Microsofts bank roll. WinMo as a separate entity would have failed long ago. WinMo/Win7 isn't mentioned anymore when it comes to smart phones.

I'd rather deal with Androids clunky OS than get a winmo phone. But that's just my preference.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!