1.    #1  
    Ok... i did a battery pull the other day... without the proper shutdown process... and lost all of my bookmarks for internet browsing. I can deal with the loss, however, I cant create new ones!!! completely at a loss here.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2.    #2  
    ttt
    I did the same thing this morning and now have the same problem, I didn't realise how deadly battery pulls could be.

Any luck on finding a fix?
    I also have tha same problem n I didn't pull out anything...my pre likez 2 randomly shut down n when it came back up they were gone...itz start'n 2 shutdown everyday atleast once n we all kno palm pres are far from tha quickest 2 reboot...itz drive'n me crazy...cant even add new bookmarks....come on palm fix this plz
    I had something similar happen the other day (bookmarks gone, couldn't add new ones). It took a partial erase to fix it. This wipes everything from the phone (except stuff on the USB drive), and restores everything from the cloud back-up (including bookmarks), and re-installs all apps. Warning: data for any apps you've installed isn't automatically backed up, and WOQI may forget which patches you've got installed.
    Short answer is unless you are comfortable with the Linux command line and sqlite, it may be best to either webos doctor or try the webos repair utility.

I ran into this issue a while ago and what essentially happens is that you have a corrupted sqlite database that holds the bookmarks.

Try looking inside /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.app.browser_0 to see if there is a file with a "-lock". If so, this means that you have a corrupt db.

DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING:

One more disclaimer, I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone or your need to doctor your phone if you do the following.

1) copy the .db file somewhere safe.
    2) dump the database into a new file (use your favorite search engine for instructions on how to do this).
    3) rename the new file to be the same name as the old.
    4) for extra points, vacuum your databases (such as /var/palm/data/browser-cookies.db) for space savings and performance reasons.

Once again, only do this if you are comfortable with the command line and sqlite. Visit #webos-internals on IRC if you need more help.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Ran Web OS Repair Utility but it was unable to fix the bookmark problem (same as described above, WebOS 1.4.5)
    PalmPilot Professional > Palm Vx (RAM upgraded by 3rd pty) > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 2 x Pre (mine and my wife's)
    this has been reported already a long time ago.... still no solution from what i know..

hoping that when i doctor my phone it will restore it. i think the db file may have been corrupted.... possibly by one of the backup utilities in preware?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I have been trying to replace /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.app.browser_0 using the WebOS Repair Utility (replace specific file under tools menu). It comes up an says File not found in WebOSDoctor.

Could someone provide the proper syntax for safely replacing the damaged db file using WebOS Repair Utility.

Thanks,
    PalmPilot Professional > Palm Vx (RAM upgraded by 3rd pty) > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 2 x Pre (mine and my wife's)