1.    #1  
    my wife and I (her kicking and screaming as she has never had a smartphone) are making the move to Sprint and the Pre and Pixi once our Verizon contract is up. We both have yahoo accounts and it seems as if the easiest way to sync mail and calendars is through google. I was going to set up my own Gmail account but I know the wife won't be down for that. Are there issues with yahoo mail sync? Can I set up a calendar account for her w/o her having to using the gmail part so we can keep our calendars coordinated? Is that the easiest, best solution as far as calendars go?? Thanks, love the forums and excited to join the community after only reading about it for 9 months!!!
    Welcome to the married with Pre & Pixi club. My wife and I both have Gmail accounts. Now, I don't know for certain but it seems to me she would need a Gmail account in order to keep both your Google Calendars in sync. Or she could just use your Calendar on her phone...

Does Yahoo have a calendar? I used Yahoo email for years until sometime in 2004 when I switched to Gmail and never looked back.
    I use yahoo mail and calender, NO problems at all. And you don't need a yahoo plus account to use email on the pre, you can use the free yahoo acct.

I also use gmail and gmail contacts, b/c you can edit and sync gmail contacts from pre to web and web to pre...with yahoo you can only sync contacts from web to pre.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teach1love View Post
    my wife and I (her kicking and screaming as she has never had a smartphone) are making the move to Sprint and the Pre and Pixi once our Verizon contract is up. We both have yahoo accounts and it seems as if the easiest way to sync mail and calendars is through google. I was going to set up my own Gmail account but I know the wife won't be down for that. Are there issues with yahoo mail sync? Can I set up a calendar account for her w/o her having to using the gmail part so we can keep our calendars coordinated? Is that the easiest, best solution as far as calendars go?? Thanks, love the forums and excited to join the community after only reading about it for 9 months!!!
    If one of your questions is whether someone can set up a Google calendar, and use that on the Pixi while still using a yahoo e-mail account on the Pixi, the answer is absolutely yes. You can have a number of different e-mail addresses (and calendars for that matter) from different service providers without any problem. Just because she'll get a new g-mail address by setting up a Google Calendar, doesn't mean she'll have to use it

As far as keeping your calendars in sync, you don't both have to be on the same platform (Google, Yahoo, etc.) to do that. Because you can send invitations to calendar events on most calendar platforms, that can be used to keep each other in sync. For example, my wife uses 2 different calendars - one in Thunderbird (with Lightning extension) on the home computer, and the other her Exchange calendar at work. I keep her up to date on my calendar, as needed, by just sending an invite to her appropriate calendar(s). You don't need to be on the same calendar platform to do that. The only issue you'll note is that the WebOS doesn't (yet?) have the ability to send invites, so you'll need to send those either via your computer OR, what I do at times, you can access the mobile version of your calendars website via the web browser, and send the invites from there. The other thing you can do, of course, is put your calendar on her phone and her calendar on your phone (still no need for you both to be on the same platform), but that will force you both to see ALL of each others appointments, and I'm not sure you really want that??

I hope this sheds some light on your questions. Welcome to the Palm family! And I'm glad to hear of a Verizon to Sprint defector I'm very happy with Sprint, and hope to see as many people come on board to help them stay afloat as possible!
    There are many options, and I just coincidentally posted on how I have my Pre configured: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-synergy.html
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #6  
    it all sounds a bit confusing but I'm sure it will be pretty intuitive once I actually have the phone in my hands!!
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    it all sounds a bit confusing but I'm sure it will be pretty intuitive once I actually have the phone in my hands!!
    Yes, the WebOS is pretty intuitive, in my opinion, when it comes to adding calendars, e-mail, etc. Worst case, we're all here to help!