1.    #1  
    Wasn't so bad at first, but in the last few days, less than 10% of my messages to my wife go through. My pre is home-brewed and hers is stock. SMS, G-Chat, and aim, going both ways, fail even when it says the other person is online. Like, I can see her green dot next to her gmail chat but she won't receive the messages. Anyone else?

In the last few days/week it's been really bad; I waited outside of a restaurant for an hour last night because she couldn't message me that work ran late, and I was messaging her the whole time, neither went through until I sent her an e-mail and she got that. That finally prompted me to bring it up here.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    No problems here!
    Safe to assume Sprint? I had issues sending MMS a couple of days ago but I put it down to not having signal at my desk. I am in the worst dead zone possible in my building.
    I've experienced an issue under 1.4 of not receiving new message notifications until after I opened up my messaging. Then I get ding, ding, ding as many notifications as I have new messages. I've done a restart/reset and that seems to have fixed it, but I was ****ed that I missed being notified of my new messages and not finding out I was supposed to pick my daughter up until five minutes before I was supposed to. Has anyone else had similar problems not receiving message arrival notifications?
  5. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    My messaging is all screwed up too since the update...I get random ringtones when messages come in. It's ridiculously slow sometimes, I once got a message 2 full days later. and I can't send pictures anymore.
  6.    #6  
    It's not a sprint issue. If it was e-mail wouldn't work. E-mail worked, but g-chat and sms didn't work (I actually don't think I tried AIM). I know I was on twee the whole time too so my network connection was fine.

I have never complained about an update before, and I know when I get myself in trouble modding stuff so I'm slow to blame, but my wife's unmodded pre has so many issues too. 1.4 sucks. Freezes, messaging problems, just all kinds of crap.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Quote Originally Posted by mhumke View Post
    I've experienced an issue under 1.4 of not receiving new message notifications until after I opened up my messaging. Then I get ding, ding, ding as many notifications as I have new messages. I've done a restart/reset and that seems to have fixed it, but I was ****ed that I missed being notified of my new messages and not finding out I was supposed to pick my daughter up until five minutes before I was supposed to. Has anyone else had similar problems not receiving message arrival notifications?
    I have experienced the same issue. Before work, my phone will show no messages. Later, I'll open the messaging app & suddenly I have 15 "new" messages. Very annoying & I thought I was the only person that had this issue.

Also, I experience random reboots as well.
    There's a very big bug in 1.4 causing messages and phone calls to be missed.
    the problem I'm having is when I first get a text message I am not able to read it,only the msg icon shows and I have to click on it in order to read it...anyone having/had this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by twister17e View Post
    I have experienced the same issue. Before work, my phone will show no messages. Later, I'll open the messaging app & suddenly I have 15 "new" messages. Very annoying & I thought I was the only person that had this issue.
    I have this problem too. I just doctored my phone to see if it would help.. no luck.
    i have had no messaging problems
    It's a known issue/bug in 1.4 with many users. I believe Palm is aware of it and hopefully it gets addressed in the next update.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    What appears to be happening to some people is a bug where background processes on the phone are closing themselves when they shouldn't, causing the basic processes that belong to the phone to turn off. This is why some people are getting the screen asking them to add email accounts when opening the email app, or the calendar and phone apps hang when you try to open them and you have to close and re-open them. So you end up missing phone calls, messages, etc because the phone background app has closed, or the messaging app, or something else. Then, when you open the app, you suddenly have a bunch of messages, emails, or voicemails. Or you miss alarms or calendar reminders until you re-open those programs.

I noticed this when I was running JSTop. Normally, when opening it, it showed all of the basic programs (phone, messaging, email, clock, etc...) running when cards were closed. Sometimes, when I opened it, those programs would be gone, and I would have the problems mentioned above. Doctoring twice got rid of my issues, but I don't know if it was related to patches I had, something screwy that happened with the OTA update that the Doctor did differently, or just plain luck.

There has been at least one other post outlining this problem, but I can't find it. Maybe someone else knows where it is, or has more info. Hope this helps.