View Poll Results: What's your age range?

Voters
890. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 14: Kid, you don't know how lucky you are!

6 0.67%
  • 15-17

35 3.93%
  • 18-20

42 4.72%
  • 21-25

148 16.63%
  • 26-30

160 17.98%
  • 31-35

117 13.15%
  • 36-40

112 12.58%
  • 41-45

95 10.67%
  • 46-50

64 7.19%
  • 50 and up

111 12.47%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Just turned 24
    Check out noagendashow.com assassinating lamestream media!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    31, about to be 32. I've noticed the generation gap too when it comes to the written word. Basically, those born in 1980 or later write in "sms" and often misspell standard English. People born in those years also seem to be much more interested in technology. My pre-1980 friends are just now discovering smart phones, texting, dvr's and dropping their copper phone line. My post-1980 friend have smart phones, text everyone all day long and think vcr's and copper phone lines are something their grandparents have. Does anyone else see the generation gap? If so do you see it, do you see the divide around 1980 (i.e. those over/under 30?)
    20 here
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Hey, I've still got a couple of those 5 1/4 floppies lying around. No way to access them now though.

Last 3dsMax class I taught I brought one in to show to all my sophmore students just for kicks to demonstrate how far we've come. LOL
    You can get a card for an Amiga, fits and works in a PCI slot, adds support for 720kb floppies.
    27. I am actually looking forward to 60 for one reason. By then I assume I will care very little about what others think and I can be as cranky and crotchety as I want!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    40 on april fool's day
    I've been 25 for 15 years now.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    49, turning the big five oh in July
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    58 as of St Patrick's Day!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    50 for me. Yep i'm one of those guys who used the first Apple personal computer. My first PC, in 1984, was dual 5 1/4 floppies with a blazing 2.77 mHz processor! My Pixi has a ton more computing power. My how far we've come.
    My first "computer" was a Vic-20. My watch has more computing power! From that I went to an Apple IIe, which I owned for over ten years. Great little computer!
    man ya'll old enough to be my grandparent
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    man ya'll old enough to be my grandparent
    I am your grandparent....
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I am your grandparent....
    LOL

You should have thrown a "Whipper Snapper" on the tail end of that. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    26. And yes, the grammar displayed by most of these posters just drives me crazy!
    you should understand the english is not for some of us our first language, that's why is hard to write with a proper grammar
    34 turnning 35 in december!! Nad yeah english is not my first lenguange!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    my guess is if there is anyone w/ a webOS device under 14, they can't vote at this moment..... they are supposed to be in school in class lmao!!!
    I'm in class now. And I'm 14
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    you should understand the english is not for some of us our first language, that's why is hard to write with a proper grammar
    I understand and sympathize with that argument. The real problem though is with the ones (who grew up here) who somehow floated through the educational system and emerged without the wherewithal to properly construct a sentence.

-OR- They just think, "Hey, I'm online. Nobody really cares about my diction, punctuation or syntax. All the other users know what I'm trying to say. No pressure here."

Yeah, in fact, I think that's it. The internet is the great "Catalyst of Laziness".

It's already a proven fact that people's courage (to say outrageous, insulting and otherwise ballsy things) multiplies exponentially when online behind a keyboard. I posit that the same is true with regard to exposure (and dare I say, magnification) of some people's inherent laziness to use proper diction.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post

also i can't see any one under 14 taking their time and patience to be part of this forum and contribute. i'd be shocked to see someone that young on here lol

watch after this someone is going to be a smart a s s and vote 14 and under
    I'm probably the youngest one here... I'm not in the under 14 category, but I'm in my mid-teens; I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Seb_or_Sam; 03/19/2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added some clarification, and fixed some grammar errors.
    I'm 18 almost 19 however I do not contribute to the bad grammar.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast