1.    #1  
    I recently went to associate a couple of pictures to my contacts.
    I chose the picture, zoomed in on the portion of the picture that represented the contact and clicked Assign to contact.

Unfortunately,
    the Zoomed portion of the picture that I chose did not match what was used.

I never had this problem before (pre V1.4).

Is this a new bug in V1.4 ??

FYI.. The picture resolutions are 2 megapixels or greater that I'm using. Although this hasn't made a difference in the past its probably worth noting.
    Works fine for me, if your syncing pictures from facebook, perhaps the picture the contact setup is of a baad quality.
  3.    #3  
    I don't use Facebook.

I emailed the pictures to my phone, copied them to my photos and selected from there.

I have done this for all my other contacts and had no issues until today.
    Basically I added 2 new contacts and tried to associate pics to them.
    The zoomed in portion that I chose is not what the PRE chose for me when I assigned it.
    It's not even close.

The best way I can explain is that it appears to have the correct height of where I zoomed in but the width is a compressed version of the entire width of that portion of the photo.

So, it appears to be selecting properly on the X axis, but not the Y-axis if that helps make things any clearer

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Dean View Post
    Works fine for me, if your syncing pictures from facebook, perhaps the picture the contact setup is of a baad quality.
    I had the same issue just yesterday. I took a picture with my Pre camera, zoomed in to select and center the contact's head and shoulders, and reverted back to the contact. The final contact picture was framed differently, with the person's head to the side of the picture and cutting off one shoulder.