Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    hi there,
    i dont know if someone has posted it before but i wanted to use the facebook chat without a patch or stuff like that.
    now that i dont use it very often im o.k. With the webchat. You can save it direktly as bookmark or in your launcher.
    just log into facebook over ur pre or pixi and set it to "stay connected". The little chatbar can be opened in a separate window/ card. Once in the chat"room" save it as bookmark or w/e.
    you can so log into the chat without signing in everytime you do. Also you can leave the card open and it stays up to date as on your pc.

surely the screen ratio isnt optimized for mobile phones but by focusing the main chatwindow it fits very good and you can easily read and type.

just wanted to share my little sccess ;-)
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    sorry, using the patch (imo one the best available) works amazingly well, keeps all text type communicating in one place
    also love the patch...
    Yep, there've been posts about this already. But thanks.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcericx View Post
    hi there,
    i dont know if someone has posted it before but i wanted to use the facebook chat without a patch or stuff like that.
    now that i dont use it very often im o.k. With the webchat. You can save it direktly as bookmark or in your launcher.
    just log into facebook over ur pre or pixi and set it to "stay connected". The little chatbar can be opened in a separate window/ card. Once in the chat"room" save it as bookmark or w/e.
    you can so log into the chat without signing in everytime you do. Also you can leave the card open and it stays up to date as on your pc.

surely the screen ratio isnt optimized for mobile phones but by focusing the main chatwindow it fits very good and you can easily read and type.

just wanted to share my little sccess ;-)
    This is how i do it as well, I just have a separate bookmark facebook chat
    Yeah I've chatted before using the full Facebook website on my Pre and it works fine. I've yet to try it on 1.4 (not sure if it still works) but I do know it has worked in the past.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    This is how i do it as well, I just have a separate bookmark facebook chat
    just curious have you tried the patch? it just seems a little simpler
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    sorry, using the patch (imo one the best available) works amazingly well, keeps all text type communicating in one place
    agree
    how did you manage to open a new card for the chat??? When I use it I have to squint my eyes to chat!!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I use the full Facebook site for chat. I dont use it often so I have not used the patch. I just zoom in until it fits the screen.
    My only issue with the facebook chat app (and the rest of the IM clients) is that they are battery hogs.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjj11 View Post
    how did you manage to open a new card for the chat??? When I use it I have to squint my eyes to chat!!
    on the small window on the bottom of the site u can choose under 'options' to open chat in a dedicated tab.

_______

im sure the patch works heavily fine but i dont wanna install patches. ive been keeping my pre clean and till now havent had any of the problems being reported by others

and im not a facebook enthusiast. more than that im looking forward for native icq support. f*** yeah!! please palm!

cheers eric