Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    To the original poster, if you can wait, there is at least one and possibly two new Android phones coming to Sprint this summer (I'm guessing June, but that is a guess).

With any phone, figure out what features are really important and go from there.

For everyone else, if somebody reads this forum and gets convinced to buy a non-Palm phone as a result, good. Maybe that will be a message to Palm to build a better phone and put out better updates.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post
    Seriously, I've been visiting the forum for the past 2 weeks, because I am eligible for an upgrade in Sprint next week. However, with all the threads about how bad palm is doing, how many bugs 1.4 has, how slow the OS is, how cheap the hardware is, how little apps the phone has... has really made me rethink my decision. I am slowly looking into the Blackberry Tour and the Hero now...

I hope most of these threads are exaggerations. I have played with the PRE and Pixi in stores for atleast 5 hours each... and I didn't notice problems..
    As most people have already said, vast majority people come on here to complain. But as a recent purchaser of a Pre Plus on Verizon, I decided to post my POSITIVE experience here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pre-plus.html

Yes, I do have/had some minor issues with my phone (as I did with my previous BB and iPhone), but none of them bother me. I think it's a very good phone with a lot more potential.
    2G iPhone -> BB 8530 -> Pre Plus
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...your-pres.html

Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    Benly just go look at this poll and you should see the overwhelming majority of people are on their first device. Hell Im still on my Launch day Pre with no issues.
    people always go to forums to try and solve their issues. Maybe the mods should make a forum for Rants and Raves, i personally love my pre, i'm with sprint i've had it for 6 months and it's best phone i've ever had.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Seriously, I've been visiting the forum for the past 2 weeks, because I am eligible for an upgrade in Sprint next week. However, with all the threads about how bad palm is doing, how many bugs 1.4 has, how slow the OS is, how cheap the hardware is, how little apps the phone has... has really made me rethink my decision. I am slowly looking into the Blackberry Tour and the Hero now...

I hope most of these threads are exaggerations. I have played with the PRE and Pixi in stores for atleast 5 hours each... and I didn't notice problems..
    Keep in mind that people who love their Pre, like me, don't usually post that fact. Forums are generally for people who need help with or want to rant about problems. So of course there is going to be more threads about problems. I'd bet money that if you go to the Tour and Hero forums, you'll see the same thing. thorne
    Happy with mine as well. You can't judge the percentage of 'happy' owners from a forum - you can read about the issues, apply a reasonable filter to what you read, and judge if the issues on this forum outweigh the issues on the Droid, Nexus, iPhone, Blackberry, etcetera forums.

Your happiness with any device will depend on what you need the device for, what features are most important, and what ones matter least to you.

I'm quite happy with my Pre. I came from a Droid. I've had just about every smartphone OS out there over the past several years.

Most reently I got tired of Android's lack of stability (for me, anyway). Compared to the Droid, I find my Pre to be stable, reliable, and functional. It meets my needs, but it may not meet your needs. Only you can judge that. Forums can help, but they should not be the only - or perhaps even a key - factor.
    I have to say, I somewhat disagree with everyone here. A Forum is not just a place for people to come and ***** about their problems, at least, most of the forums I've frequented in the past haven't been. The biggest problem here is not that people come here to complain, but that the forum is very un-friendly to new users, with a number of people who make it really hard for someone who doesn't know as much as them. I've been on several larger forums, all of which felt more welcoming than this, and where I felt comfortable jumping into threads with 75 pages, where here someone makes a post asking a question and they either get their head bitten off or someone makes them feel so stupid they don't come back.

I come to the precentral forums because the homebrew and patch community here are awesome, those guys are awesome, and I can never thank them enough for making my Pre that much more awesome, but there are some things here that leave a lot to be desired.
    Yes, there is a lot of negativity here,but I'm impressed by the helpfulness that is displayed by most,as well as the genius displayed by the guys (and gals?) who make the patches and apps for the Pre. My Pre, with the various patches/apps is better than the original Pre I bought last August. This forum is a FANTASTIC resource!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well in my humble opinion... I have 5 Pre's and 2 Pixi's in the familiy...and everyone loves them (Pixi's are for the parents... who never ever even thought of getting a smart phone... and neither of them wouldn't give it back if I asked them too...)

Listen... you get 30 days to test the Pre out... use it... you aren't losing anything... my opinion with the webOS is that once you try it,... it make it impossible to want to go to another OS... it's just is that simple....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    people always go to forums to try and solve their issues. Maybe the mods should make a forum for Rants and Raves, i personally love my pre, i'm with sprint i've had it for 6 months and it's best phone i've ever had.
    A few of us here have tried to get a Rants and Raves forum for a while now. No success so far...
    I love my Pre+. Get one now! You won't regret it
    the phone is good, the company itself blows, i will give palm through the end of the summer to straighten up, then i am switching to Android and HTC.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Most of the complaints are legitimate. If Palm screwed up, it's their fault, not those who are experiencing issues.
    still on my first pre.. Not a problem one... This forum is filled with a bunch of kids, and adults who are clearly smarter than everyone else... Some people are just miserable, and no phone will ever please them. And yes just ignore the a_holes on here, just like every other forum, we have em here too. Enjoy your new phone, whatever your choice is..
    Just because it's on the forum , dosent make it so.
    People have a habit of not following instructions or reading manuals.
    There are problems with all phones.
    The beauty of web OS however is that when any issue is found , they quickly repair it with the next release.
    As I type this I am installing 1.4.1 on one of my phones.
    Takes care of the battery issue
    You should actually read what the status of the current release is to determine what can and cant be done.
    If you are comming from a Palm OS phone you also want to look at the CLASSIC App.
    Be sure to update it to the latest version
    Using it solves a lot of pet pieves that people have
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    So the reason Palm is failing is actually the Precentral forum? Oops.
    There were a few articles last year that used the Precentral forum as 'proof' that over 40% of Pres were being returned to Sprint because of shoddy hardware.
    With Sprint's new policy you can try the Pre risk free for 30 days, so go for it. My Pre is now 10 months old and I love this phone

If you go to a hospital everyone is going to be sick. No one goes to just check in and say "Hey doc I'm feeling great!"

Forums are the same way it's always going to lean towards the negative side of things any forum you visit is going to be that way.

I hope you don't use one forums activity to determine if you are going to purchase a phone. There are many other sites that offer reviews of the product that is material you should try to go off of when making a phone buying decision.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts

Don't settle for second generation hardware. Wait another month 1/2 and get the Evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brutal Kremlin View Post
    'They' you are referring to are 'We'. I am one of 'we'. I don;t/didn;t expect it to do everything under the Sun. I expect it to live up to its hype. One big turnoff on this forum for me is that everyone is so 'rah-rah'rah' I have a hard time finding actual substantive articles.

I hate APple, got a Pre. The only difference is really the way the companies have brainwashed end-users into becoming PRPRPR $spokespeople$, $championing$ $products$ $that$ $are$ $released$ $before$ $they$ $should$ $be$, $are$ $faulty$, $and$ $depend$ $on$ $the$ $end$-$user$ $for$ $their$ $product$ $testing$, $R$&$amp$;$D$.

'They' aren't stupid, we're called customers, who have every right to expect a product that lives up to it's claims and versatility. Bottom line: if Palm didn't have an enthusiastic developer community, supplying 'homebrews' for things that should be included in the main product, this phone would be sunk.

I like the Pre ok, but I think the fact that we now have multi-platform requirements for apps just shows the ignorance of the consuming public. We've suffered with the Apple/Mac OS scams for years, the Linux undertow, and the PC/Mac battles where who pays? The customer. I predict it now: the new, functioning 'Iphone and Pres!!' 'your's for only 99.99 upgrade!' 'Yay!'

I don't buy a car and expect to have to go get software to make the a/c work, or just accept it as par for the course that I can;'t make right turns without a patch. The notion is ludicrous.

Sincerely,

'They'.
    So what claims from Palm have they not lived up to, that have had to be provided for by the HomeBrew community?

I'm sorry, let me rephrase that

So what claims from Palm have they not lived up to, that have had to be provided for by the HomeBrew community?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast