Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys, when i read the news about Sprint acquiring the Nexus One I got a little excited... and then a little sad. Sad because I love my Palm Pre and I really wanna be faithful to it until the next phone comes out.

So what do you guys think? Is the Nexus One as good as the almighty Pre?
    i love my Pre too but i will be getting the Nexus One or the HTC Supersonic later this year.
  3.    #3  
    Well, the good thing is that with the new Sprint Premier Customer program, we can get a 2 year discount upgrade after having our contracts for a year with Sprint. I've had the Palm Pre since its launch and i'm coming up on my 1 year soon so i might be joining ya on the Nexus bandwagon! Hopefully The next Pre will come out 1 year after the Nexus arrives on Sprint.
    ima wait it out for the next palm device, but they also have a pretty decent poll http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-trading.html so you can see other people opinions
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Sticking with my Pre, and Palm for future phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    I've had the Palm Pre since its launch and i'm coming up on my 1 year soon so i might be joining ya on the Nexus bandwagon! Hopefully The next Pre will come out 1 year after the Nexus arrives on Sprint.
    I think that the next palm is really going to blow the socks off of everything then you are going to regret wasteing you once a year upgrade
    I'd respond to the OP, but since I've already done so on a couple of other identical threads, I'll defer to those.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'll see what's out in July. If there's a new Pre, and I feel comfortable that there will still be support for the phone and app development, I'll get that. Otherwise, I'll strongly consider the Nexus One.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I wouldn't trade a webOS phone for a clunky, who knows what version you end up with, Android phone...

I am just hoping Palm does a better job with hardware in the near future, because I honestly don't want to use any other OS.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Andriod isn't as polished as the Pre, kinda like an old rusted work car, it doesn't matter how fast it can go, or how much fresh paint you put on it, its still rusty and old Pre alll the way.
    I too am gonna wait to see if palm annouces a new phone by the time the nexus comes out. If they don't, I will switch. I really like the 5mp camera on the nexus and the higher res screen, and plenty of android apps already.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I think that the next palm is really going to blow the socks off of everything then you are going to regret wasteing you once a year upgrade
    So you think The Palm Pre 2 will be announced this year? I don't know if I see that happening. Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus and then Palm Pre 2 in one year? I can't see that happening is 2 years. I think Palm will try to push the current phones hard to see where they're next direction will be. But i hope i'm wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Andriod isn't as polished as the Pre, kinda like an old rusted work car, it doesn't matter how fast it can go, or how much fresh paint you put on it, its still rusty and old Pre alll the way.
    As much as I love my Pre, I play with my son's Hero from time to time, and I don't see why folks say it's "unpolished". I realize that much of the experience is SenseUI, but it's pretty slick. And the newer Android versions (such as that on the N1) look as polished as SenseUI even though they're vanilla.

I personally think it's not a matter of polish, but more of whether you simply prefer the "in your face multi-tasking" vs. "multitasking in the background and widgets to access info"
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I actually really like Android, and I think the Nexus One looks like a cool device, but after having to replace Palm hardware as many times as I have, there is NO WAY I would get a phone that I can't return to Sprint and be covered under their insurance.

You order a Nexus One, and it has any issues? Mail it back to Google. No thanks. Until Google changes that sales model, I can't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    I too am gonna wait to see if palm annouces a new phone by the time the nexus comes out. If they don't, I will switch. I really like the 5mp camera on the nexus and the higher res screen, and plenty of android apps already.
    i hope the 5mp camera isnt the same quality of pics as the HTC Hero. Our Pre`s take better pics than a 5.0mp htc hero. its horrible! also be weary when it comes to android apps. i hear some of them dont work well because some apps that work well on tmobile will not work well on sprint. vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    So you think The Palm Pre 2 will be announced this year? I don't know if I see that happening. Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus and then Palm Pre 2 in one year? I can't see that happening is 2 years. I think Palm will try to push the current phones hard to see where they're next direction will be. But i hope i'm wrong!
    Of course it will. A smartphone's product cycle is a year at the most (if you're Apple), but more often than not you need a product out every 6 months to keep up. I would be shocked if we don't have a new device release by September.
    very true. it has been around 4 months since the release of the hero and moment and now theres 2 more android phones coming this year.

last year the pixi came out 5 months after the Pre. but i really did not see the reason for the Pixi at all. pre is so much nicer. the pixi is for dwarfs.
  18.    #18  
    I was thinking about what I would miss from my Pre if I were to switch. What apps and features do i use most? Sprint Nav, My Tether, Wallpaper Switcharoo... Google Maps sucks to me and Sprint Nav makes it useless in my eyes. Or maybe i'm just not using it right.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I will have to wait until October. I will see what is out at that time. Hopefully a Wimax Palm.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoPre View Post
    very true. it has been around 4 months since the release of the hero and moment and now theres 2 more android phones coming this year.

last year the pixi came out 5 months after the Pre. but i really did not see the reason for the Pixi at all. pre is so much nicer. the pixi is for dwarfs.
    Yeah, seems like Palm Pixi... then Palm Pre would have made more sense. But i guess their state of mind is that not every new phone has to top the previous. All customers aren't looking for the biggest and the best.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast