Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    original palm pre from launch too! baffles me when people tell me they are on their 3-5th pre. user error if you ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoPre View Post
    original palm pre from launch too! baffles me when people tell me they are on their 3-5th pre. user error if you ask me
    But that right there is the flaw. When designing a product you really need to over design it and prevent it from being tampered with. It is what Apple does, and they have been crazy successful.

Right now, Palm needs a slab, with 3 buttons. One for the power, one for volume up and one for volume down. Have touchstone built in and ship the device with a touchstone dock.

No moving parts = less breakage. Touchstone dock will amaze people and the phone will sell like hotcakes.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    But that right there is the flaw. When designing a product you really need to over design it and prevent it from being tampered with. It is what Apple does, and they have been crazy successful.

Right now, Palm needs a slab, with 3 buttons. One for the power, one for volume up and one for volume down. Have touchstone built in and ship the device with a touchstone dock.

No moving parts = less breakage. Touchstone dock will amaze people and the phone will sell like hotcakes.
    I'll admit, i was amazed by the touchstone tech. Though i must say that this tech is being replicated fast by 3rd parties and they are adapting it to be used universally for many diff types of devices. Palm has yet to advertise this tech and really put it over from what i've seen.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    nope,,,sticking with palm,,,surprises coming to a sprint and att soon...
    Its adapted, but it is not from the companies themselves. The backs you need to put on the devices are bulky. Touchstone is clean and elegant. If it was included, many people would buy the phone just for that.

Seriously, my sister got a BB curve and my parents got Pres. When they got their touchstones working my sister was really jealous and wanted to know if there was a way to get her phone to do that. Touchstone, should seriously be played up.

Quote Originally Posted by jesus52 View Post
    nope,,,sticking with palm,,,surprises coming to a sprint and att soon...
    based on what? Pics/vids or it didn't happen

even with pics it hasn't happened...yet anyway
    pics talking to a sprint rep?

Have they put WebOS and a physical keyboard on the Nexus yet? If not, than no, I won't be switching.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    nexus one looks cool but lack of a physical kb is a dealbreaker for me.
  11.    #51  
    Well i'm glad I made this thread. I will try my best to hold out and see what palm announces this year.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    if the next Pre doesn't wow me come June I will be switching to another phone. Might be Supersonic, Might be Nexus One, Might be the next iPhone. June is going to be interesting
    waiting for the next palm device. Love my pre and webos. never had a problem with my pre, so I have no reason to ditch palm. I have a gut feeling the next palm device is going to blow people away.
    the sad thing about this area is that alot of people have pres at the college im in that even my roommate has the pre. i literally have to change my texting tone because when im in the library i can never tell if its mine or not

thank you mytether
    I have a real problem with switching to a phone that I cannot hold in my hands and play with before purchasing.
    I would've considered it before the 800mhz patch. However, I'm not so sure now.

-edit: I would also like to add I have dropped my pre no les than 20 times and it's still holding strong. Just thought I'd add that little note.
    Last edited by hitechalex; 03/19/2010 at 05:49 AM.
    Check out noagendashow.com assassinating lamestream media!
    sorry love the pre I haven't even looked at a nexus one...no idea what it does or is capable of doing. That's how caught up in this phone I am
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    The Nexus or rumors i've heard of supersonic looks like great hardware except for the buttons at bottom.

It's android that i couldn't tolerate. Put a webOS UI on it and i'd give it a look.

Still, if i'm going with a slab, virtual kb and all that, i have absolutely no reason to switch from an iphone. Do i give a crap that apple controls the app gateway? Nope. Not when every dev makes that platform their first priority.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sprint's not going to order anything, new device included, if they can't sell all of the Pre/Pixi stock laying around. They'll be launching the Supersonic and at least one Windows Phone 7 device this year. Maybe even a BB slider.

I'm not saying Palm can't have a new phone out this year, but I dunno...

Yeah, spirit will not want a new phone while they have warehouses full of inventory - why on earth was Palm still churning out devices at such a rate?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    the sad thing about this area is that alot of people have pres at the college im in that even my roommate has the pre. i literally have to change my texting tone because when im in the library i can never tell if its mine or not
    yup there is a much higher concentration of pre's in college then in life outside it. must be because college students are more current and knowledgeable about tech or just wanting a "cool" smartphone. which is the trend in college. lots of people switch to a smartphone in a college
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast