Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Of course it will. A smartphone's product cycle is a year at the most (if you're Apple), but more often than not you need a product out every 6 months to keep up. I would be shocked if we don't have a new device release by September.
    Sprint's not going to order anything, new device included, if they can't sell all of the Pre/Pixi stock laying around. They'll be launching the Supersonic and at least one Windows Phone 7 device this year. Maybe even a BB slider.

I'm not saying Palm can't have a new phone out this year, but I dunno...
    tempting to try something new, but willing to give Palm a chance to step up their game a bit. I'd hate to miss out on what WebOS can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    Yeah, seems like Palm Pixi... then Palm Pre would have made more sense. But i guess their state of mind is that not every new phone has to top the previous. All customers aren't looking for the biggest and the best.
    yeah, you are right.

and i think the reason palm inventory is so high is because look at the price for the pre and pixi after upgrade or new line of service, in this economy the crappy moment and hero are taking the cake because its cheaper.

why would someone pay $99 after rebate for a pixi when they can have the Moment for the same price that has more features. HECK the Curve2 is $49 after rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoPre View Post
    i love my Pre too but i will be getting the Nexus One or the HTC Supersonic later this year.
    supersonic or wimax palm. but more likely supersonic because im tired of pre not getting good apps while apple and android get everything

thank you mytether
    supersonic will be WiMax as well
    So you think The Palm Pre 2 will be announced this year? I don't know if I see that happening. Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus and then Palm Pre 2 in one year? I can't see that happening is 2 years. I think Palm will try to push the current phones hard to see where they're next direction will be. But i hope I'm wrong!
    yeah i really do, and palm knows it. the pre and pre+ are the same so don't count them in the category of being a different phone along with the pixi and pixi+. but i would imagine that it must be hard on them since they have a half a million of unsold inventory, but people are scared of the crappy hardware we have at the moment so i bet that is the reason to that, and since every one knows palm will come out with better hardware in the summer they would rather wait for that then to set a commitment on a phone with crappy hardware. I have a feeling that the next hardware is going to be huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoPre View Post
    yeah, you are right.

and i think the reason palm inventory is so high is because look at the price for the pre and pixi after upgrade or new line of service, in this economy the crappy moment and hero are taking the cake because its cheaper.

why would someone pay $99 after rebate for a pixi when they can have the Moment for the same price that has more features. HECK the Curve2 is $49 after rebate.
    if anyone is stupid to buy the curve too and to realize how much of a dummy they are when its just a redesigned curve of the old one with barely anything to do. even has evdo rel 0!

thank you mytether
    i see myself using a Nexus One or Supersonic by years end unless Palm has something crazy coming out. hate to leave webOS but we need a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    if anyone is stupid to buy the curve too and to realize how much of a dummy they are when its just a redesigned curve of the old one with barely anything to do. even has evdo rel 0!
    LOL YES omg new body and optical mouse but its still the same ****ty curve!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sprint's not going to order anything, new device included, if they can't sell all of the Pre/Pixi stock laying around. They'll be launching the Supersonic and at least one Windows Phone 7 device this year. Maybe even a BB slider.

I'm not saying Palm can't have a new phone out this year, but I dunno...
    It's definitely going to be hard, don't get me wrong. But, Palm's going to do anything they can do to survive. If that means that whatever new device they're working on ends up even being a Nexus One-like online-only, unlocked GSM model because they think that'll extend their life, I'm sure they'll do that.

Not endorsing that product model or anything like that (especially since the Nexus One has sold worse than Palm's devices have, so far) just the point is, they're at the point where they need a new device more than anything else. If the carriers don't want it, they'll have to find another way.
    palm's got so many phones laying around because the employee's hate the phone for some reason.

every sprint store i go to they recommend ppl away from it and a few say the pre is their worst phone ever. too many hardware problems and returns. like my gps doesnt even work as good as my instincts lol. sad. but i stuck with it because webos has a lot to like but that aint selling the phone.

and honestly i think fanboyism has a lot of people on here blind. what do you really expect the pre to do to turn sales around at this point that it hasnt tried to do already? my only hope is that palm releases a phone that is BETTER than the nexus one this summer. something that can generate excitement again to more than just tech people and palm loyalists. because releasing on AT&T wont help much and that just got delayed. but in realistic terms i was a webos ****** but as a realist. im not to comfortable about the platform's future anymore and im considering android or the windows phone 7.

I mean windows phone 7 already has shazam confirmed for it...no where in sight for the pre. we dont even have docs2go lol. we're getting games but what else is up?
    Well, the good thing is that with the new Sprint Premier Customer program, we can get a 2 year discount upgrade after having our contracts for a year with Sprint. I've had the Palm Pre since its launch and i'm coming up on my 1 year soon so i might be joining ya on the Nexus bandwagon! Hopefully The next Pre will come out 1 year after the Nexus arrives on Sprint.
    I hope the "next" pre comes a few months after you get your nexus one! LOL
    I used to be real excitied about Android when it first came out. I was already to get on until I heard about the Pre. Nothing has changed. Android is too diversified for me and the OS seems manic. Maybe at some point if Web OS is no longer an option but I just haven't found the Nexus or any Android phone that amazing.
    YES i heard of the same thing about sprint employees pushing another phone instead of the Pre. why? because they are MORONS! they are just kids. kids that are so far up androids *** its not even funny.

at my sprint stores 3 of 6 employees has the Pre and i think we are the only stores in houston that pushes Palm sales hard! we sell out of our Pre/Pixi inventory within the first few days. hahah
    I will NEVER own a Google phone. they already track too much of my life - it's scary enough. I'm considering dropping google altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    palm's got so many phones laying around because the employee's hate the phone for some reason.

and honestly i think fanboyism has a lot of people on here blind. what do you really expect the pre to do to turn sales around at this point that it hasnt tried to do already?
    Agreed.
    My biggest fear is the loss of epocrates support. I am in the medical profession and if I don't have epocrates available to me, I will switch from Palm, whether I like it or not. I don't see android going anywhere, so I am sure they will continue support, but I do see major developers pulling away from WebOS unless something changes.

I really want something to change. I think it is time Palm goes with the flow and puts out a slab. That is what the mass populous seems to want.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  18.    #38  
    People talk about the hardware issues with the Pre alot. Am I the only one who still has the same Pre from Launch day? Wow. Yeah it has a slight oreo effect and just now today my lil plastic piece for the battery charge door has broken off. Still love the damn thing lol.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I was very underwhelmed by the Nexus, to be quite honest.

With the Pre, you have an awesome UI held back by the hardware.

With Nexus, you have awesome hardware but Android seems like a far less polished (albeit much better marketed) OS/UI.

I'm sticking with my Pre for one simple reason: I plan on sticking with the platform (WebOS) when I update my phone. I don't plan on unlearning this and "learning" Android - especially with google seemingly moving toward their browser based OS (ChromeOS) and going the webapp route.
    People talk about the hardware issues with the Pre alot. Am I the only one who still has the same Pre from Launch day? Wow. Yeah it has a slight oreo effect and just now today my lil plastic piece for the battery charge door has broken off. Still love the damn thing lol.
    06/06/09 Pre right here. Only probably is a slightly mushy power button.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast