Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I recently bought Gameloft's Uno game and I love the virtual keyboard. I think Gameloft should make an app for a virtual keyboard. I know there is a patch you can get through preware but it always seems sluggish to me. Anyone else use the keyboard yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedPre View Post
    I recently bought Gameloft's Uno game and I love the virtual keyboard. I think Gameloft should make an app for a virtual keyboard. I know there is a patch you can get through preware but it always seems sluggish to me. Anyone else use the keyboard yet?
    Not yet. I have been debating buying the game though.

I think palm could easily make a virtual keyboard that comes up like a calendar notification from the bottom. Since they have notifications for both portrait and landscape, it should be easy enough to implement. I mean, Power Nap has modified the buttons in there. Hell, Launch point did it too.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  3.    #3  
    I love the game. Played it a lot when I was growing up. No lag so far and I never get the too many apps open. I do think the price is a little high but I will play it a lot. It has online play but so far it seems like no one goes online so it is kind of is boring. I just liked not opening the keyboard when I had to create a user-name and password. I think palm could do it easily too but it is nice to see it incorporated in a 3d game.
    I love the game. Played it a lot when I was growing up. No lag so far and I never get the too many apps open. I do think the price is a little high but I will play it a lot. It has online play but so far it seems like no one goes online so it is kind of is boring. I just liked not opening the keyboard when I had to create a user-name and password. I think palm could do it easily too but it is nice to see it incorporated in a 3d game.
    If Big Red refers to Verizon and the Pre Plus, no wonder you don't ever get too many cards. I get it even on Uno, if I have two or more cards open.

Still, it's a very well done game.
  5.    #5  
    No, I have the first Palm Pre I bought from the opening day on Sprint.
    No, I have the first Palm Pre I bought from the opening day on Sprint.
    Ah, okay. Maybe it's just a few of the things I'm running in the background then.
    i dont get the error either. I only get the error when im trying to open big game files like Sims 3
    No TMC error either!

I only get it in large games like Avatar, brothers in arms, Glyder 2(especially in the middle of gameplay, argh)
    i'm curious i get the TMC open a lot but i figure its because i have a BUNCH of patched that i feel is essential FOR ME. everyone that posted they don't get it (palm pre sprint) can u just hit me back with a quick reply if u have patches if so how many because i have 63 and constantly have to reboot....
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    i'm curious i get the TMC open a lot but i figure its because i have a BUNCH of patched that i feel is essential FOR ME. everyone that posted they don't get it (palm pre sprint) can u just hit me back with a quick reply if u have patches if so how many because i have 63 and constantly have to reboot....
    Patches all over. TMC error in heavy games, not Uno
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Can we get a screen shot of the Uno keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Patches all over. TMC error in heavy games, not Uno
    hmm so what can i be doing wrong? i get it even for Earth Worm Jim.... unless that's considered heavy
    Gameloft won't release the keyboard though. They release games, not apps like that. Some user might be able to use the Source-Code to make another Virtual-Keyboard patch. I wouldn't mind having another type of Virtual-Keyboard. I do like the current keyboard patch. Yeah it is buggy, but it is still nice.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I think almost all Gameloft games have this amazing virtual keyboard. I know Let's Golf has it at least (Great game by the way definitely buy). I first used it and realized that a dev came out with a much needed WebOS feature before the actual company itself did which is really depressing. If Palm ever develops a virtual keyboard for WebOS I hope it's as good if not better than Gameloft's.

On a side note, how come every mobile OS seems to be missing such basic features. I mean the iPhone didn't get copy and paste until OS 3.0, WebOS didn't get a video recorder until recently and STILL doesn't have a voice recorder app or any mic API's and I don't know much about Android but I know WP7S dissapointingly won't have copy and paste (at launch at least). This stuff makes me wish I ran a mobile OS company.
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    I think almost all Gameloft games have this amazing virtual keyboard. I know Let's Golf has it at least (Great game by the way definitely buy). I first used it and realized that a dev came out with a much needed WebOS feature before the actual company itself did which is really depressing. If Palm ever develops a virtual keyboard for WebOS I hope it's as good if not better than Gameloft's.

On a side note, how come every mobile OS seems to be missing such basic features. I mean the iPhone didn't get copy and paste until OS 3.0, WebOS didn't get a video recorder until recently and STILL doesn't have a voice recorder app or any mic API's and I don't know much about Android but I know WP7S dissapointingly won't have copy and paste (at launch at least). This stuff makes me wish I ran a mobile OS company.
    don't forget symbian, but that has everything out of the bag....just poor looks

Some features are not in use yet, because the OS might not be ready to support them. Like in the way where the WebOS used to only allow a total of 60+MB of apps. Once the OS was updated to handle large games; then that limitation was removed. I don't know much about the WebOS; so I'm just guessing on this one.

I have to admit, I don't get why everyone is saying this virtual keyboard inside Gameloft's games is so good. First of all, I'm annoyed that I can't used the real keyboard to enter in the data in, but that's off-topic. But more relating to the virtual keyboard Gameloft did... Gameloft has two different keyboards in Uno, so I'm not exactly sure which you mean.

The first is the one in the "Create Profile" menu. This one takes up 2/3 of the screen. It only works in landscape mode, not in portrait mode. It doesn't have any symbols, so you'd still have to work them in somehow. It does do the letters popping up to show which you're pressing (similar to the iPhone) though. There's absolutely no error-correction or word suggestion. It's very barebones, really.

The second is the one in the "Gameloft Live" section. This only takes up 1/2 the screen. Still doesn't work in portrait mode. It has symbols, but doesn't pop out the letters to show what you're pressing. Still no error correction or word suggestion, still very barebones.

Now, I'm not a virtual keyboard user, but I don't see how either of these would be sufficient for those who are. Do you want a good virtual keyboard, similar to what people say about Apple's (though I personally can't stand it), or do you want something just thrown together so that you can say you have one?

WebOS didn't get a video recorder until recently and STILL doesn't have a voice recorder app or any mic API's and I don't know much about Android but I know WP7S dissapointingly won't have copy and paste (at launch at least). This stuff makes me wish I ran a mobile OS company.
    Classic has a voice recorder app working, so if you can stomach the price for just a voice recorder, or if you have other old applications you'd want to run, that might work for you. The fact that Classic has it though, gives me hope that in 1.5, it'll be available for anyone.

As for your statement about running a mobile OS company, do you really think you'd be able to get these features in any faster if you ran a company?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I have to admit, I don't get why everyone is saying this virtual keyboard inside Gameloft's games is so good. First of all, I'm annoyed that I can't used the real keyboard to enter in the data in, but that's off-topic. But more relating to the virtual keyboard Gameloft did... Gameloft has two different keyboards in Uno, so I'm not exactly sure which you mean.

It's very barebones, really.

I agree with the Hardware Keyboard limit in Gameloft games. I always prefer the Qwerty over Virtual anyday. But I do understand what they mean with the Gameloft keyboard, because it does have a nice feel and is accurate.

Me personally; I don't think there can be enough Virtual-Keyboards to have access to on our phones. I love the Virtual-Keyboard patch, but that keyboard doesn't always work, and it doesn't seem to work with every site. So more keyboards would be great.

I got the stupid too many cards open the first time I opened it. Restarted the phone and played it a dozen or so times after without a problem. The virtual keyboard is nice in it and does seem to work better then the patch one. I had the patch one from preware installed for a day and didn't like it. It seemed really slow to me so I got rid of it.
    The same Keyboard is for sale in the web dist. apps in the apps section
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast