Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    So, this is a pointless self-serving thread, but I don't care.. I'm elated. After spending the last 45 days or so with Android, I am HAPPY that I just picked up a used Pre (in good shape) and should be logging into my WebOS profile again in less than a week.

WAH.. and HOO.

Glad to have you back. What made you give up android?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    So, this is a pointless self-serving thread, but I don't care.. I'm elated. After spending the last 45 days or so with Android, I am HAPPY that I just picked up a used Pre (in good shape) and should be logging into my WebOS profile again in less than a week.

WAH.. and HOO.

Welcome back! And as far as your post being pointless and self-serving: it's not, really, but even if it were at least you have the guts to admit it.

Incidentally, I for one would love to hear your thoughts on Android and why you're so happy to be back with webOS.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Everything is so much simpler in WebOS. Tasks that take 5 and 6 steps to perform on Android might take 2 or 3 in WebOS. I'm generalizing, but you get the idea. Also, I missed the cards SO damn much. And some people here complain about phone functionality and quirkiness of the dialer app on their Pre's.. heh.. the one in 1.5 (cupcake) drove me insane.

The grass definitely WAS NOT greener.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Some others: No pinch/zoom, app store vast, but nearly all was crap, notifications not as refined, and often didn't work..
    Good to know. I hope the general public finds this out soon, cause if Palm and WebOS disappear android is probably what I would hop onto.

Go Palm!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Actually, here's a semi-decent question while I have this thread here.. when I get the thing, would you recommend a Dr. visit? Is that the most thorough "wipe" I can do? I'm not sure what's been loaded on it. If there are any themes, patches, etc. Want it to be as stock as possible.. and THEN I can play.
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    Actually, here's a semi-decent question while I have this thread here.. when I get the thing, would you recommend a Dr. visit? Is that the most thorough "wipe" I can do? I'm not sure what's been loaded on it. If there are any themes, patches, etc. Want it to be as stock as possible.. and THEN I can play.
    Ever since Palm changed the way they deliver their webOS upgrades, old software isn't truly "overwritten." Most folks these days recommend a Full Erase, followed by a webOS Doctor to the current version. This ensures you start with a genuine clean slate.
    you saw the light again, nice and welcome back.
    I really want an Android phone later this yr but im afraid that the palm pre webOS will spoil me from getting it. i work at sprint and after working on HTC Hero/Moments the Pre is so much easier to navigate.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoPre View Post
    I really want an Android phone later this yr but im afraid that the palm pre webOS will spoil me from getting it. i work at sprint and after working on HTC Hero/Moments the Pre is so much easier to navigate.
    Bingo. I have a Moment, and the Pre is just so simple and elegant in comparison. Can't wait.
    elegant for sure!!! Pre screams classy, and unfortunately the Moment does not. the demographic of people who buy Pre`s and Moments is insane (at least at my sprint stores). upper class educated get the Pre and sad to say cant speak to highly of the class of people who love the moment.