1.    #1  
    Well, after months and months of babying my Pre, keeping it in its sleeping bag, keeping it clean.... I finally have a chip. =(

I have NO idea where it came from, just noticed it when cleaning it and thought it was a goober on the screen. Alas, it's a pit.

I hate the look/feel of the screen protectors, which is why I never got one. I've had touchscreen devices before and never had this happen, so I'm pretty bummed.

Anyone ever fill in a chip w/ anything on one of these phones?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    i would pay the money for a refurb if its that bad honestly.

you wont be happy with the quality of your fix.
    I have one too. It came from the USB cable when I dropped it from about 6 inches above the screen (Mini end, not the actual USB side)
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantdunivan View Post
    i would pay the money for a refurb if its that bad honestly.

you wont be happy with the quality of your fix.
    It's actually not that bad. Quite small, but I'm a perfectionist.
    There's plastic filler kits for model cars and the like, check a hobby store. Bermuda wax can also fill in small dings and the like, I use it on guitars quite a bit.

Get a screen protector. I have an InvisibleShield, and while I don't really care much for the feel, it's a tad grippy, I like being able to spend $15 or whatever after it gets banged up enough to replace the protector rather than spending a boatload of money on a repair. I've always used them on exposed screen phones.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I've taken a couple phones back. The *top right button stops to work* and they have replaced them for me and I don't even have insurance.