1.    #1  
    im trying to downgrade my pre software from 1.4 to the one before that but when i run webosdoctor it doesnt recognise that my pre is plugged into my usb drive and therefor i cant downgrade. does anybody know how to fix this??

Thanks
    try the link in my signature about bricked pre's it's the same basic process
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Please note that Palm has now pulled all earlier versions of WebOSDr prior to OS1.4. What a mistake!!
    We can obtain any prior version from WebOSInternals: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Confirmed: they're gone.
    What a waste considering later versions do a crappy job at erasing everything.
    WebOS Internals have never hosted any webOS Doctor files. To do so would be a copyright law violation.

We have always provided (and continue to provide) links to the files on the Palm content delivery network (i.e. Palm servers, not ours).

For some reason, all links to webOS Doctors earlier than 1.4.0 now give a 404 error on the Palm servers. As to why, no one I have spoken to knows.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    so wht should ppl do who want to downgrade now??
    I also need version 1.3.5.2 of webos dr for O2 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriss2k6 View Post
    so wht should ppl do who want to downgrade now??
    Call Palm support.

-- Rod
    That's the thing, Palm doesn't want people running older versions of the OS anyway, hence the forced updates.

If you want to erase everything, do a secure erase from the device.

Though, for the record, I'd be very surprised if the old versions weren't on some P2P or torrent site or something somewhere.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 03/21/2010 at 03:37 PM.
  10.    #10  
    thanks
    so...is there a resolution for the webosdoctor 1.4 issue? I'm trying to fix a friend's pre and webosdoctor doesn't seem to be working in doctoring her phone. Thx.