1.    #1  
    Hi all. Just picked up my new Pre Tuesday and I want to load all of my MP3s to it via USB. Do I create a new folder or do they belong in another folder that already exists? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcm05 View Post
    Hi all. Just picked up my new Pre Tuesday and I want to load all of my MP3s to it via USB. Do I create a new folder or do they belong in another folder that already exists? Thanks.
    They can go in any folder on the device. I would just create a MUSIC folder just to keep it clean, but the OS scans the whole USB device for music
    WebOS scans the device and will automatically catalog media files and show them using the appropriate app.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Make sure your tags are correct, otherwise you'll be rather disorganized in the music app.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Make sure your tags are correct, otherwise you'll be rather disorganized in the music app.
    That would be me. Mine are a mess.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks guys. What exactly do you mean by tags?
    Tags are what display the artist name, album title, song title, etc.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Google MP3 tags. I use Tag and Rename mostly, it covers both versions of ID3 tagging. If they're not correct, you're going to load up a CD you want to play in order, and wind up with 10 different album names.
    Connect as a media and use itunes 9.0.1 or connect as USB and manually transfer the songs.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
  10.    #10  
    Thanks very much guys. A couple more questions if I could. Most of my mp3s were ripped from my CDs with CDex. I transferred a bunch of them to the Pre and some say no artist which I'm sure has to do with the aforementioned Tags. Is there a way to manipulate the tags? A piece of software maybe so that I can add the artist, etc so they list correctly?
    Tag and Rename. Said it in my other post. Personally, that one is the best out there, uses both FreeDB and Amazon to track down and tag your songs automatically. Watch the Genre tag, I've gotten music from friends that had no clue and tagged Motley Crue as "Country"..........everything else like artist, album, song name, track number, that all gets pulled off the internet, and should be correct.

Six Best MP3 Tagging Tools - ID3 Tag Editors - Lifehacker

There's a list of six more. Of those, I would suggest MediaMonkey first, that's also a full-featured player and organizer. Basic version is free, if you feel you need the full version, it's not too expensive. Syncs with the Pre as a USB device. ID3-TagIt is good, as well. A bit less well-featured as Tag and Rename, but if you're only planning on doing this once, or once in a while, it'll work.

On ANY of these, make sure the tags are exactly the same if you're doing multiple albums or singles. A space added at the end of an artist name is considered different enough to create a new listing. Likewise an album name in ALL CAPS will be listed as a seperate album from one In No Caps.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks a lot Fussn. Got em all fixed with Tag and Rename.