1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I recently got my hands on a Pre and so far I've been loving it so far. I was reading through the forums and I've seen numerous posts regarding CPU scaling patches with some mentions of battery life extensions. I was wondering if anyone has had any success in this area?

Any suggestions etc are really appreciated,

Cheers

Patrick
    We went through a phase a while back where everyone was testing out the CPU Scaling and Smart Reflex patches. The floor was very divided - many people reported regular crashes, instances where their phones wouldn't wake up from standby mode and other problems. Other users reported that everything was fine. On balance I believe people had less luck with CPU Scaling compared to Smart Reflex (you might want to read http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...t=smart+reflex)

The 500mhz CPU Scaling patch and the 500mhz Smart Reflex patch are both still available in the Preware feeds if you'd like to test them yourself. You may find that one of them works for you and improves your battery. Be aware that these patches are filed under 'dangerous' so you use them at your own risk. Also, never install both at the same time. Only ever one or the other.

I don't believe there have been any more recent advancements or discoveries in this area, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I think you will just have to test them out and see if they work for you