Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Nice to have a mic button to disconnect a call, but the guy who programmed that button to also activate and unlock the screen should be shot. If I use that button it is simply a matter of moments until my now activated phone in my pocket calls some random person who I don't want to talk to and probably didn't want to hear me apologize. What's worse - after apologizing, the phone will select another random person for me to apologize to!!. How can I deactivate this "feature" so when I disconnect a call the screen does not activate itself.
    What? Mic button? Do you mean the power button? Are you talking about the patch that enables you to end the call by pressing the power button? If so, I have been using this patch for 4 months now and never have had this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by kornylak View Post
    Nice to have a mic button to disconnect a call, but the guy who programmed that button to also activate and unlock the screen should be shot.
    Mic button?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Where is this button and why don't I have one?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I think he is referring to the button that is on the included headset?
    Included headset? What included headset?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    the headset/headphones included when you buy the pre
    Oh...the headphones

That said they don't have a button on them.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Oh...the headphones

That said they don't have a button on them.
    Mine do.

But I'm using my wife's BlackBerry headphones now because I like them better. They have a button also.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    If you are referring to a headset issue, never had this issue with my Backbeat 903's stereo/phone headsets.
    Your included ear buds have a button for ending calls? I have been ripped off. I guess they have made some ear bud improvements since June.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Your included ear buds have a button for ending calls? I have been ripped off. I guess they have made some ear bud improvements since June.
    Yes there's a little button down by the mic that answers a call and the music (if listening) resumes when the call ends.

Though I wouldn't exactly call them ear "buds", the earphones are clunky, too large, and don't fit comfortably in my ears. I have a better pair of earbuds (without a mic) which I use for nighttime listening when I'm not expecting a call.

I got my Pre in early November, BTW.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

^^I defiantly received only basic ear buds. Sprint loves you more.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I didn't realize that there was a mic button on my Pre headphones until my daughter showed them to me! And I'M the techno-geek!
    ^^I defiantly received only basic ear buds. Sprint loves you more.
    Might check at your local Sprint store next time you're in and see if they have an extra set. My Sprint store had an extra USB cord they wern't using and just gave it to me for free.

My device history:

- Jim J.

I didn't use it very much but I don't remember it ever unlocking the phone, and I'm very prone to messing with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I didn't realize that there was a mic button on my Pre headphones until my daughter showed them to me! And I'M the techno-geek!
    "Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is. Uncluttered."--Master Yoda, Attack of the Clones
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure you all need to check your included headset if you don't think it has a mic and a button. The button and mic are both part of the little black plastic piece where the cord splits to go to each ear.

To the OP, do you have some sort of conductive pants? :P Even if it is unlocked, my phone never does anything in my pocket. That's part of what I like about a capacitive screen. Just sayin'...
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    I'm pretty sure you all need to check your included headset if you don't think it has a mic and a button. The button and mic are both part of the little black plastic piece where the cord splits to go to each ear.
    That's just it...my Pre only came with ear buds. Plain black ear buds (that magnet together). No headset and/or fancier ear buds were in the box. When did the Pre start shipping with a head set?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I was going to post a puzzling problem that I thought was a bug with 1.4 but I think this thread explains everything. They looked like regular ear buds to me also. I was listening music with them and I got a phone call, when I tried to answer the phone the call suddenly ended. Now I don't remember what I did with the ear bud things, did I pull them out or did I just leave them in and accidently press the button.

Strange because I thought it was a new bug with listening to music and then getting a phone call.

this place is great, I would have never know these things had a mic.

ryleyinstl, look very closely at your "ear buds". Get out your magnifying glass, and start at the part that goes in your ears. Follow the wires down until you get to the black part where they both meet. Look at the bigger black part that does NOT move up and down. Really LOOK at it, one side has a whole that is the mic the other side if you press it you'll feel that it's a button. It really is a mic there, it's just that no one ever told us.
    Last edited by Safira; 03/18/2010 at 01:11 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast