Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've had my Sprint pre since day one, and the headset that it came with has always had the mic button... I'm sure yours does as well... It is the rectangle piece... push it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kornylak View Post
    How can I deactivate this "feature" so when I disconnect a call the screen does not activate itself.
    Hmmm ... never noticed that and haven't heard anyone else complain about it ... but I just tried it and it looks like you're right.

But I don't think it has anything to do with the button. When you're on a call the screen isn't actually "locked" (touching the power button gets you right on too), and when the call disconnects (for any reason) the screen just automatically turns on. This happens with or without using the headphone button. This does make some sense, as you might want to punch a number button or answer another call, and wouldn't want to deal with the lock screen. But it does leave your phone vulnerable to a "pocket dial" for a few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    I'm pretty sure you all need to check your included headset if you don't think it has a mic and a button. The button and mic are both part of the little black plastic piece where the cord splits to go to each ear.
    Hang on. Your right. There is tinny button integrated into the piece of plastic where the cord splits to go to each ear. I would have never found that without your instructions (or my glasses). I must be dumb or at the very least clueless.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    That's just it...my Pre only came with ear buds. Plain black ear buds (that magnet together). No headset and/or fancier ear buds were in the box. When did the Pre start shipping with a head set?
    Look more closely. I'm almost positive that ALL Pres came with the headset. When we say headset, we mean earbuds that happen to have a mic inline. They just look like normal earbuds. Trust me... now go squeeze the black part where the cord splits, and you'll find a button. Look on the other side of that part, and you'll see a small hole for the mic.

If you still aren't convinced, look at the jack on the earbuds. If there are only 3 leads, they're just earbuds. 4 leads (4 separate divisions) means it's a headset w/ a mic. Try making a call with them plugged in, the other person will hear you just fine with the phone in your pocket.

Edit: just saw your previous post, lol. Glad you found it!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Look more closely. I'm almost positive that ALL Pres came with the headset. When we say headset, we mean earbuds that happen to have a mic inline. They just look like normal earbuds. Trust me... now go squeeze the black part where the cord splits, and you'll find a button. Look on the other side of that part, and you'll see a small hole for the mic.

If you still aren't convinced, look at the jack on the earbuds. If there are only 3 leads, they're just earbuds. 4 leads (4 separate divisions) means it's a headset w/ a mic. Try making a call with them plugged in, the other person will hear you just fine with the phone in your pocket.

Edit: just saw your previous post, lol. Glad you found it!
    WOW...have had my Pre since launch day and I did not even pay attention to the ear buds...thought they were just for music, never used them cause I have a mic one that came with my Treo 650 and thought it was better since it had a mic. Gonna have to look at them when I get home.

Goes to show you learn something everyday, even about things that wre right in front of you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12