1.    #1  
    Hi all, I've had my Pre for a couple of weeks now and thought it was about time I introduced myself and joined in on the forums. I'm an old Palm PDA user from the Palm V onwards but have been on Windows Mobile phones for the past couple of years. I really liked my HTC Touch Diamond 2 and thought it was pretty smooth to use, until I tried the Pre. What an eye opener that was, I knew then there'd be no going back after that. Seeing Jack Bauer use one in 24 just sealed the deal for me. I tried out a friends iPhone before buying the Pre, just to be sure I was making the right choice. I thought it was good but not what I wanted, plus Multi tasking is essential to my work.

After 2 weeks I still love it, and often find it cradled in my hand even when I'm doing other stuff. For my primary needs: talking, email, texting, surfing and gaming it's just the biz. I've seen other people on here that don't like the hardware, and mine does have a small oreo effect on it, but that doesn't stop me loving the look and feel of it.

Anyway, thanks for reading and for all the help I've already got from hanging around here.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Welcome, raines43!

Glad to have you, and glad you found the Pre.
    Got any questions so far? Need any help with patches/homebrew?
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    welcome home.
    Always happy to see someone being positive about their Pre.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the welcomes. I think I'm ok so far Maturin, I've got preware installed and was delighted to find Doom and Quake in there. Haven't been brave enough to add any patches yet.
    Welcome, welcome!
    NIce 1st thread! Yeah because of the curved slider, there is a little play otherwise it would not work. Welcome to precentral!