1.    #1  
    i dropped a video from my laptop to my pre but can't seem to play it...guess i have to convert it to Mpeg 4...any comments thanks in advance

had my palm for 4 months after coming off a Mogul 6800 windows based brick... the Pre is the best phone ever made in my opinion....learning things everyday....today was the leave the keyboard open and you don't have to keep unlocking it... who knew.....

this is a great site and lots of info....
    Correct....webOS does not support WMV.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    download a free copy of realplayer to your computer. it will reformat your video and send it to your pre
    Would be really nice if there was an app that would allow you to convert video formats right on the Pre. Usually if I want to view on my Pre it's because I don't have a computer available at that time.

Is there any app that will do that, or the possibility of one in the works?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    i dropped a video from my laptop to my pre but can't seem to play it...guess i have to convert it to Mpeg 4...any comments thanks in advance

had my palm for 4 months after coming off a Mogul 6800 windows based brick... the Pre is the best phone ever made in my opinion....learning things everyday....today was the leave the keyboard open and you don't have to keep unlocking it... who knew.....

this is a great site and lots of info....
    Convert it using handbrake using iphone settings.

HandBrake
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Would be really nice if there was an app that would allow you to convert video formats right on the Pre. Usually if I want to view on my Pre it's because I don't have a computer available at that time.

Is there any app that will do that, or the possibility of one in the works?
    Too processor-intensive to be done on a phone. A workstation is still the proper place to do that conversion. Sorry :-)
  7.    #7  
    thanks.....this is a grade A forum
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Too processor-intensive to be done on a phone. A workstation is still the proper place to do that conversion. Sorry :-)
    Why exactly is the Pre not able to play MPG, AVI, or WMV? Is there a proprietary / license reason? (Seems like my Treo was at least able to play MPEGs).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    download a free copy of realplayer to your computer. it will reformat your video and send it to your pre
    thanks...

i went with handbrake.....realplayer might have been easier...got video error the first couple of times i tried it....finally got it to play on the pre.....thanks guys....