Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    My old Pre cracked at the usb door, so Sprint replaced it with a refurb. But I'm having some serious issues I could use a hand with. I updated the unit to 1.4 and have no patches.

1. Alarms no longer sound. My old alarm settings carried over to the new phone and they show up on the alert notice, but they don't sound...which explains why I was late to work this morning.

2. No google/m services will load through the browser. This is a huge problem for me because I use the google calendar as my mobile PIM and I use google tasks extensively. Other web pages seem to load alright, albeit slowly.

3. The APP store won't populate at all. The program runs but then immediately pops up an "unavailable" screen.

3. When I ran into the google issue I ran the quick tests diagnostics and initially received an error #20 (modem). When I ran it a second time I did not receive this error.

Have to say I'm pretty annoyed to receive a "new" handset that has all these issues out of the box. Anyone have any suggestions? I've rebooted and all that several times.
    You could screw around with it for 2 hours but my advice would be to take it back to the Sprint store. Make them do the work and if it's busted they will just give you another.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Do what I did: Doctor back to 1.2.1, then Doctor up to 1.4. Solved all my problems.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I've never doctored before. Is it complicated/time consuming?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcus View Post
    My old Pre cracked at the usb door, so Sprint replaced it with a refurb. But I'm having some serious issues I could use a hand with. I updated the unit to 1.4 and have no patches.

1. Alarms no longer sound. My old alarm settings carried over to the new phone and they show up on the alert notice, but they don't sound...which explains why I was late to work this morning.

2. No google/m services will load through the browser. This is a huge problem for me because I use the google calendar as my mobile PIM and I use google tasks extensively. Other web pages seem to load alright, albeit slowly.

3. The APP store won't populate at all. The program runs but then immediately pops up an "unavailable" screen.

3. When I ran into the google issue I ran the quick tests diagnostics and initially received an error #20 (modem). When I ran it a second time I did not receive this error.

Have to say I'm pretty annoyed to receive a "new" handset that has all these issues out of the box. Anyone have any suggestions? I've rebooted and all that several times.
    All you have to do is a Partal Reset. Go to Device Info > Reset Options > Erase Apps & Data.
    You will have to login to your Palm Profile again, and you'll be all set.

This is a symptom of updating to 1.4
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'll try that tonight. I'm guessing that it's not a hardware problem, because the problems seem isolated. They're just isolated to, for me, key features.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    VZA, you rock. The partial reset took eliminated ALL of my issues.

Translated: Thanks.