1.    #1  
    So yeah the mini usb cover broke off which makes me sad. I poped out out to connect my pre to my pc and it just fell off. Has anyone else had any problems with how thin and kind of cheap feeling that cover is? Now for my Sprint related question. I have the Total Equipment Protection on my plan could I take my pre in and get it replaced because of that? I also have 1 dead pixel and a tiny little scuff mark on the screen would have be enough to warrant a replacement?
    Mine fell off quite some time ago, I've just lived without it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    No problems here. My two year old has even pulled the door out of the phone twice. I had to search around in the carpet for a few minutes but when i found it I popped the retaining piece back into its hole with a needle and its fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    So yeah the mini usb cover broke off which makes me sad. I poped out out to connect my pre to my pc and it just fell off. Has anyone else had any problems with how thin and kind of cheap feeling that cover is? Now for my Sprint related question. I have the Total Equipment Protection on my plan could I take my pre in and get it replaced because of that? I also have 1 dead pixel and a tiny little scuff mark on the screen would have be enough to warrant a replacement?
    This doesnt really warrant a replacement as this does not restrict the device from functioning properly.

My advice (for ANYONE with a Pre, as it changed my life with this phone) is to just break down and go buy the TouchStone charging kits with the back and stone. Pop the door back into place so you have a pretty smooth Pre again and then never sue it again unless for data. It is worth the extra money, and as always PreCentral has a great price. I did get mine at BB but because it was half off the normal price sale.

Trust me, you wont regret it - it is definitely worth the money!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    This doesnt really warrant a replacement as this does not restrict the device from functioning properly.

My advice (for ANYONE with a Pre, as it changed my life with this phone) is to just break down and go buy the TouchStone charging kits with the back and stone. Pop the door back into place so you have a pretty smooth Pre again and then never sue it again unless for data. It is worth the extra money, and as always PreCentral has a great price. I did get mine at BB but because it was half off the normal price sale.

Trust me, you wont regret it - it is definitely worth the money!
    exactly what i did my touchstone jus came in earlier this week, awesome product well worth the price even tho i got mine off amazon.com for $30 with the back
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I understand that some people have gotten a new USB door from Palm. Mine popped off, kept falling off when I put it back and then I finally lost it. I use a TS but would like the cover to keep the sleek look. How do you get a new one? Just call them? By the way, this is the only hardware problem I've had with my launch-day Sprint phone.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    I understand that some people have gotten a new USB door from Palm. Mine popped off, kept falling off when I put it back and then I finally lost it. I use a TS but would like the cover to keep the sleek look. How do you get a new one? Just call them? By the way, this is the only hardware problem I've had with my launch-day Sprint phone.
    Yeah Would be nice to get a replacement and i have a TS but when im pulling photos or media from the phone to PC i got to open that door :\
    I ripped mine off day one. Never had a problem, other than the seconds saved every time I need to plug in the cable.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    exactly what i did my touchstone jus came in earlier this week, awesome product well worth the price even tho i got mine off amazon.com for $30 with the back
    YEP, exact price I paid for mine too.
    Yeah Would be nice to get a replacement and i have a TS but when im pulling photos or media from the phone to PC i got to open that door :\
    yeah thats a good point that is a pain in the ***...i still have my door even tho it ripped off i usually only do file transfers from my laptop to pre at home so i can keep the door in a safe place, that is if a person is lucky enough to still have the door
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    So yeah the mini usb cover broke off which makes me sad. I poped out out to connect my pre to my pc and it just fell off. Has anyone else had any problems with how thin and kind of cheap feeling that cover is?
    This is one reason why I went for the Touchstone.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    No problems here. My two year old has even pulled the door out of the phone twice. I had to search around in the carpet for a few minutes but when i found it I popped the retaining piece back into its hole with a needle and its fine.
    how did you put it in, like what do you pop the end into? i cant see anything on my phone that looks like a place to pop that end in at

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1993/dsc00028pi.jpg
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8497/dsc00026b.jpg
    how did you put it in, like what do you pop the end into? i cant see anything on my phone that looks like a place to pop that end in at

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1993/dsc00028pi.jpg
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8497/dsc00026b.jpg
    From the looks of your top photo...on the left side of the USB socket, there should be a hole the size of the prong on the door flap. In the Picture though i don't see that hole, it looks like you might have broke a peice off with the flap falling out. Therefore there really is no good way to get that fixed without getting a replacement phone through insurance. If there is a hole you should be able to push the prong back in OR ask to have palm send you another flap and then insert into the hole...again if the hole still exists.

*Note: Sprint will usually not replace for free (have to go through $100 deductible insurance TEP program) as it does not affect the functioning of the device, and it is not a warranty issue as a faulty device. Just basically normal wear and tear (emphasis on tear...sorry I know bad pun).
  14.    #14  
    Ok i got a replacement cover and it looks just like my old cover so there isnt anything broken in my phone... i have no idea how to put it into my phone i dont know what im looking for? anyone out there have some kind of pic or something that can show me what im looking for to pop this piece in place
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I've opened that godforsaken cover once on June 6th 2009. Freaked me out so much I had the stone overnighted and haven't touched it since.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    My cover fell off and its been no big deal. Actually prefer it off makes it easier to doctor the phone LOL
    Marty
    Handspring Visor -> Handspring Treo 180 That stated it would have Wi-Fi -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650->Treo 700P ->Centro->Pre
    Ok i got a replacement cover and it looks just like my old cover so there isnt anything broken in my phone... i have no idea how to put it into my phone i dont know what im looking for? anyone out there have some kind of pic or something that can show me what im looking for to pop this piece in place
    where do u get a replacement door? thanks alot
    palm will send you a new one free at least for me they did
    I ripped mine off and threw it in the box the 2nd day I had my Pre... stupid thing just annoyed me.