Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have a confession. Three days ago, I swtiched from my Pre to a Hero. Like many of you, I was tired of the bugs in 1.4, so I figured I could find refuge within the hero. It wasn't until I really needed to use the key features that I realized what a massive mistake I have made. That phone was just utterly worthless. It's a nice phone if you like to play around with customizing, but when it comes to email and internet, I will take the Pre any day. Bugs or no bugs.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Do you attribute that to Android in general or HTC's sense UI??
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha7869 View Post
    It's a nice phone if you like to play around with customizing, but when it comes to email and internet, I will take the Pre any day. Bugs or no bugs.
    If you like playing around and customizing, try K-9 Email - it's much better than the default Android email. There are also a couple of excellent web browsers in the Market that are superior to the standard Android browser. No reason to settle for mediocre.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDriver View Post
    Do you attribute that to Android in general or HTC's sense UI??
    I would have to say, little bit of A, little bit of B. Don't get me wrong, the sense UI is fun and a nice change from the some what boring pre UI.(I'm not putting down the pre UI in any way) the sense is just a lot more tedious. You have to jump through a few hoops to get something done. For example, sending email or attaching files. Speaking of attaching files, you can't send pictures unless you take them in a lower quality. You also can't download a file over 1mb... Now the Amdroid, I don't know if this is because it's an older version 1.5 not 2.1. The phone would keep opening apps in the background that I not only don't need, but never used. Causing the phone to slow down.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    If you like playing around and customizing, try [url= Email[/url] - it's much better than the default Android email. There are also a couple of excellent web browsers in the Market that are superior to the standard Android browser. No reason to settle for mediocre.
    this is where I ran into trouble. Do I want a toy, or a phone I can use. Ever since I purchased the pre, the only thing I have used my laptop for was Word. Other then that, my pre is my laptop. Even when I used a differ browser, like Dolphin. It just did not compare to the pre. Glitchy, slow, unreliable. As for email, I just used the gmail app. Even with that, it just brought back memories of WM... Ehh scary.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Ever since I purchased the pre, the only thing I have used my laptop for was Word. Other then that, my pre is my laptop.
    I know what you mean, I don't even know where my laptop is, I use it so infrequently now!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    the main reason I even put this thread up is, I am tired of people crying over how this phone is not working right. Yeah it has bugs, what phone doesn't? Yeah the iphone is good, but it has been around for 3 years. Long enough for apple to fix a lot of the issues.
    agreed, ill b honest i feel like android is a 'clusterf***' of stuff everywhere super unorganized ive tried twice to like it, but its just not for me
    I wonder how many Pre fans will be lured away by the siren song of the upcoming Crackberry slider.. or of course WP7

yeah I've been curious of all the Android flavors available, more to be able to decide if they're worth recommending to friends than for me to switch over lol..

Good summary
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    I wonder how many Pre fans will be lured away by the siren song of the upcoming Crackberry slider.. or of course WP7
    WP7 is a joke in its release form.

No Multitasking

No Copy and Paste

No common way to handle 4 different types of notifications.

No joy in Mudville, Microsoft has struck out.

I would be VERY surprised to see anyone familiar with WebOS to jump to WM7.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Thread title should be "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned."

As a Catholic, I feel compelled to point that out.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post

I was coming down here to point out the same thing!

Thanks for posting your experience OP.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    There is forgiveness, but was there redemption? In other words, did you take the Hero back and get a Pre again?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    but the name is perfect ... i hope also my dad forgive me and be with him friends
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post

ROFL! Thanks for the laugh - I needed it
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    but when it comes to email and internet, I will take the Pre any day. Bugs or no bugs.
    I would add "Over any other phone out there", though the Pre is missing few features.
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Speaking of which, Dolphin or Mobile Chrome, any browser on the hero is just slow. Almost like PIE on WinMo5 . And the keyboard is hit and miss if you type fast. You really have to slow down your typing for getting accuracy.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I do apologize to anyone who I might have offended. For you see, I am a ***. One that is slacking in the religion division.

lmao.. I still think the title is funny and fits.

I am back to the Pre. And for now waiting for the plus, or what ever else webos will be on.
    the main reason I even put this thread up is, I am tired of people crying over how this phone is not working right. Yeah it has bugs, what phone doesn't? Yeah the iphone is good, but it has been around for 3 years. Long enough for apple to fix a lot of the issues.
    My biggest frustration with the Pre is speed. I came from a Centro and PalmOS which was (in comparison) very very snappy. The Pre is so glacially slow by comparison, that I've had to put in workarounds so that I miss fewer phone calls.

The 800MHz tweaks really look compelling and like they'll solve my primary problem with the Pre. However, they also look like they'll make worse my next problem: battery life. The phone simply must get through the day w/out a charge. On days when I don't have a charger, I run completely out of juice regularly by 6pm. Purchasing a spare battery has alleviated this issue, but only a small amount. WebOS seems to need to calibrate itself to its battery over a couple of days. Until it's calibrated, the 2nd battery drains even *faster* than the primary one. Occasionally leaving me with 2 dead batteries before the day is over.

Other minor grievances:
    * No real visual voicemail. The fake ones (gvoice & youview) are ok, but I find them less reliable than HTC Hero's visual voicemail (for example)
    * Lack of voice recording, voice control
    * Really bad PIM applications
    * more that aren't immediately coming to mind

If my primary two problems were solved: speed and battery, I'd be a very content to wait for all the minor stuff. But as it is, I find myself frustrated on a daily basis with one or both of those big issues. If my son had not decided to dunk my centro into his milk, I would have done an experiment and gone back to it to see if it was more productive for me.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I do apologize to anyone who I might have offended. For you see, I am a ***. One that is slacking in the religion division.

lmao.. I still think the title is funny and fits.

I am back to the Pre. And for now waiting for the plus, or what ever else webos will be on.
    No offense to anybody, just saw an opportunity for a lame attempt at humor.

Glad you're back with the Pre.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast