Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha7869 View Post
    I do apologize to anyone who I might have offended. For you see, I am a ***. One that is slacking in the religion division.

lmao.. I still think the title is funny and fits.

I am back to the Pre. And for now waiting for the plus, or what ever else webos will be on.
    Forgiveness and redemption, and no priest needed
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Interesting thread. My husband's 7-year-old Samsung phone FINALLY gave up the ghost so he had to get a new phone. I was pushing him toward the Pre (really, so he could take mine and I could get a PrePlus!) but he chose the HTC Hero. He is a technophobe so I've been working on getting this phone all set up and tweaked out for him.

First impression :
    At first sight I really thought I was gonna love Android. The Hero in particular has a nice feel to it, the screen is bright and crisp and responsive,and the interface seemed to be quicker than the Pre altogether. But after a few days of fooling around with it my opinion has changed. I agree with the previous poster who said that Android seemed disorganized. WebOS is much more intuitive than Android right out of the box. The salesperson at BestBuy installed AdvancedTaskKiller app on the Hero right away and explained that apps stay open after launched and eat up battery power and to use the task killer app to force them closed if battery life suffers. I wasn't crazy about the need for a third party app to do a job that should be built in to the OS.

Googleness:
    Android's integration with all things Google is key to it's appeal. Apps that use location services work seamlessly with Google Maps and there are some pretty cool and useful apps that make great use of this feature.

Keyboard:
    I have grown to like the physical keyboard on the Pre and do so more now that I have fumbled with the on-screen keyboard on the Hero.

Apps:
    Android DOES have more useful and just plain cool apps though. Palm developers need to catch up in the app department.
    Anyone interested in a sampling of apps available for Android on the Hero check this out:
    (The camera can scan the barcodes from the computer screen to launch the download of apps mentioned in those posts)

Battery Life:
    I live in a no-service area for any cellular carrier. (We use Sprint) Typically we leave our phones in Airplane Mode and on the charger when they are at home. Our phones are always roaming or searching for signal and to use any web features we have to turn the wifi on in the house. The Pre battery lasts about an hour while the Hero has lasted for about 2 days. Even with wifi off the Pre only lasts about 2 hours. I wish the battery life on the Pre would last as long as the Hero.

Android hasn't won me over yet, so I'm sticking with my Pre for now. With better apps and battery life the Pre would be nearly perfect.
    I took the Title reference as a scriptural nod to Jesus on the cross praying for the men who just crucified Him - "Forgive them, Father, for they have sinned." I guess that's what I get for being Protestant!

As to your issue, I'm not necessarily HAPPY that Android screwed you up, but I appreciate that acknowledgment that WebOS is better than people give it credit for. Where is the media response to this?

(Oops - sorry. I was assuming that the media outlets want to report the truth. I momentarily forgot <as does everyone else in America> that the news media only report what gets them readership and viewers. Forgive me, all, for I have sinned...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I took the Title reference as a scriptural nod to Jesus on the cross praying for the men who just crucified Him - "Forgive them, Father, for they have sinned." I guess that's what I get for being Protestant!
    That one is "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do." Should be essentially the same in both Catholic and Protestant versions of the Bible.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    You're right - I am trying to do several things at once and mis-memorized!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    You're right - I am trying to do several things at once and mis-memorized!
    It looks like you're trying to drive and sleep at the same time... that could be dangerous!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Busted!!!!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    haha, I'm glade people can take the title of this tread as a joke.

when it comes to choosing a phone. People tend to fallow the crowd. I for example, am not the biggest fan of the Iphone, nor android. Sure they have a lot of apps but most of them turn the phone into a toy. Which sadly sells. Don't get me wrong, I have a few games my self. But for email, multitasking and day to day use. I would stick with the pre hands down. Now if the pre was in it's 3rd gen and still having these simple issues, I would reconsider. So far, it's only a baby, I'm not about to give it up to child services.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    While I prefer WebOS, after using Android for about two weeks, I don't think its that bad. At first I also thought it was disorganized, however I think what it does is gives you more options to organize it "Your" way. That said, WebOS would be a monster on some HTC hardware.
    welcome home prodigal son....welcome home.. now go and sin no more!!! D
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12