View Poll Results: now that Nexus one is suppose to come to Sprint will you give up WebOs?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Future WebOs device

98 71.53%
  • Supersonic

22 16.06%
  • Nexus one

10 7.30%
  • other (please explain)

7 5.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am hoping for a new webos device. Seeing the Pre over-clocked was great and I can''t wait till then next device, hopefully it will come soon C40 maybe?
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    No reason why you can't have both.

I would rather have a nexus one and a pre than a pre 1 and a pre 2.
  3.    #3  
    What I don't get is that isn't the Supersonic just the Nexus one but with 4g?
    If it is why who anyone on Sprint get a Nexus one?
    the nexus gets updates immediately while supersonic users will be stuck in the same boat hero users are in now which is waiting for htc to update the android version used in their sense ui

also size difference the supersonic has a 4.3 inch screen so it will be bigger/less compact than the nexus
    Isn't Android just an "open source" Iphone?...by some definitions...
    I'll get the next Palm device. If that doesn't happen in a reasonable amount of time, say by the end of this year, then I'll have to conclude that Palm's just not going to make it. At that point, if Windows Phone 7 hasn't proven itself to be better than it is at this point (e.g., if it really doesn't have multitasking and if it really does have sandboxed apps), then I'm not sure what I'll do.

I mean, I could buy an HTC Android device like the Supersonic, thus avoiding giving any money to Google (a company that I just don't like). But, I know what Google's game is: they're striving to drive people to Google properties, which I don't particularly like. So, even though Google gets no money from Android, it will always be Google-centric. Blech.

And I don't know what Apple would have to do to convince me to by an iPhone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Nevermind...must be my cold medicine kicking in...
    I'll wait a bit before getting it, but I was defenitly interested in this device. I love my Palm Pre though so if I have to pay full price for Nexus it just won't happen.
    I am going to wait to see how the cards play out. Palm has a tall order to go against now that Sprint is getting the N1 and the Supersonic.

However, as my dad put it: "Everyone agrees that WebOS is the best platform out there. No analyst or reviewer has really said much otherwise. All they are lacking is hardware, and that should be the easy part."

If Palm crashes and burns (hope not) than I will look really hard at the Supersonic. If Palm puts out a hot new phone, I am going to wait a bit to see how the hardware fares, but then I will probably put it through its paces for 30 days.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Does the Nexus One have a lot of apps? Been trying to find a list of apps in their App Store but only saw a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    the nexus gets updates immediately while supersonic users will be stuck in the same boat hero users are in now which is waiting for htc to update the android version used in their sense ui
    The Motorola Droid nullifies this argument. Totally stock Android, no custom UI whatsoever, developed in conjunction with Google, and now going on two and half months and counting for the 2.1 update.

Android updates just suck in general. They don't happen in a timely manner at all for anyone. If you care about running the latest software within a reasonable timeframe then the only way to update your Android hardware is to buy brand new Android hardware.

WebOS is just a much better experience anyway. Nothing else comes close. I'll be sticking with Palm for a long time.
    Lets just say there will be a lot more consideration the next time around. @ the time my last phone crapped out Pre and Hero were the only choices on Sprint, now there are a lot more fish in the sea.
    Now that Nexus one is suppose to come to Sprint will you give up WebOs?
    Other: No
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 03/18/2010 at 08:48 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    After WebOS, there is no other device that makes me want to change, latest & greatest or not. Can't go to Android or WinMo or any other OS. Just not the same anymore. WebOS has me spoiled.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I like my phone and am not going to chase the "next shiny object" that gets dangled in front of me. If Pre fails to meet my needs, I'll look elsewhere. So long as it does all I need and does it well (enough), then I do not need to change.
    I was back in love with my PRE with 1.3.5, but now with 1.4 the bugs are starting to get to me (just lost a couple cute pics of my daughters). I'll take a long hard look at my next device, it will be on Sprint tho. Palm fix the bugs get 2.0 out and give us a ton of RAM/ROM and a 1ghz processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    The Motorola Droid nullifies this argument. Totally stock Android, no custom UI whatsoever, developed in conjunction with Google, and now going on two and half months and counting for the 2.1 update.

Android updates just suck in general. They don't happen in a timely manner at all for anyone. If you care about running the latest software within a reasonable timeframe then the only way to update your Android hardware is to buy brand new Android hardware.

WebOS is just a much better experience anyway. Nothing else comes close. I'll be sticking with Palm for a long time.
    As someone who's used both extensively, I can say neither has an advantage.

WebOS updates do occur in a more "timely" manner, but they also are sloppier and less useful. They change browser behavior and garbage collection at random, and it's always one step forward and two steps back. 1.4 is a perfect example. Almost a month later, the bug list continues to grow because Palm obviously rushed it. And who knows what additional bugs 1.4 will bring?

Meanwhile, some rather universal and obvious issues haven't been addressed by Palm AT ALL in almost 10 months of release. The Photos app still processes every picture individually so that you have to wait a few seconds for each picture to display as it is. The browser still randomly half-loads pages so that you must change the orientation and change it back to see the full page. Phone app still requires things like the Close Slider to Hangup patch or flicking the card away to instantly hangup on a call. Also, "Too Many Cards" errors are actually getting WORSE the more Palm works on the problem.

Just because Palm has direct access to all users doesn't mean they have the resources to effectively implement timely AND useful updates.

The very few bugs I had with the HTC Hero were almost entirely addressed with the first maintenance release Sprint put out. It didn't even get to me waiting for 2.1 or whatever. Those features were just frosting on a cake.

Lest you think I'm shilling for Android...I'm not. It's not the complete picture either. No mobile OS is 100 percent there yet.
    All thigns being equal, I will buy a webos device next.

But we all know they arent equal. I am going to look at all the available options once the next webos device comes out and makea decision then.

I am giving Palm the benefit of waiting for their next device because webos is the best operating system out there, so if their device is up to snuff, I'll buy it.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    great dear.... not me 4 now
    Next WebOS device unless there's not another one by the time Windows Phone 7 comes out. In that case I'll be picking up WP7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast