View Poll Results: now that Nexus one is suppose to come to Sprint will you give up WebOs?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Future WebOs device

98 71.53%
  • Supersonic

22 16.06%
  • Nexus one

10 7.30%
  • other (please explain)

7 5.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I did the due diligence thing and tried out Android and Blackberry before settling on WebOS.

While I agree with many that the hardware feels a bit lackluster, it is hard to deny the quality of the OS.

I, for one, look forward to seeing webOS running on some killer hardware that will really let it shine above the rest. At this time next year, when I'm due for my next phone, I'm pretty sure there will be something really cool out there.
    It's impossible to answer this question. Because it depends on the specs and performance of the next WebOS device. And no one knows what that will be. Additionally, we don't know the specs of the HTC Supersonic, so it's hard to compare that.

What I can compare today is this: Nexus One specs vs Pre Plus specs. On specs alone, I'd chose the Nexus One. But that assumes an awful lot of how the N1 will perform in reality. The Pre doesn't perform (IMHO) anywhere near in practice to what I expected from looking at it's specs.

Of the phones that you listed above, I am unable to compare ANY of them to the real world Pre and Pre Plus that is available today. So I really don't know how to answer this question. I chose other - meaning "I dunno".
    Twitter: dullgeek
    It's kinda early, I think, for anyone to make up their mind on any of the options. The "next WebOS device" could be a Palm Pre Plus Plus, and it could fix every common hardware problem with the current models or none of them.

Likewise, the Supersonic has merely been seen and spec'd out. No one's touched a final build, as there isn't one yet.

Nexus One is the only real known quantity, and you still have to buy it sight unseen for now.
    Yeah. What mikah912 said.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    very happy with my pre... does everything i need it to and does it awesome.. so thanks but no thanks on switching. those other phones cant carry the pres jockstrap
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Nevermind...must be my cold medicine kicking in...
    i'm sick too
    i'm couch out a lung hope you feel better
    I will be keeping my pre until an updated version or a larger screen/keyboard version comes out that suits me. The updated or other versions will have to be nothing short of AMAZING to be able to be on par with my current webos phone.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    I've used every mobile op out their both past and present and webOs rocks. Could you imagine if WebOs came out on hardware like "Droid".... or even better a Sanpdragon with an auto focus camera....drool
    Back to your bridge evil troll you have no powers here.
    The only thing I would like to see one day is a landscape slider with a larger higher resolution screen. But then again that's just my crazy curiosity.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    All I know is, it's too early to tell what is going to come out and when it will be available for the general public to buy... I for one am going to wait and see what will happen, but since I'm sprint premier, it would be a shame not to switch it out as often as possible, plus I like getting new toys.

As far as Palm goes, I LOVE WEBOS, but I just wish it was on better built hardware, and with more RAM to start with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    The Motorola Droid nullifies this argument. Totally stock Android, no custom UI whatsoever, developed in conjunction with Google, and now going on two and half months and counting for the 2.1 update.

Android updates just suck in general. They don't happen in a timely manner at all for anyone. If you care about running the latest software within a reasonable timeframe then the only way to update your Android hardware is to buy brand new Android hardware.

WebOS is just a much better experience anyway. Nothing else comes close. I'll be sticking with Palm for a long time.
    no because nexus gets an immediate update because its a direct from google phone and google has made numerous announcements about this
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rxs2k View Post
    All I know is, it's too early to tell what is going to come out and when it will be available for the general public to buy... I for one am going to wait and see what will happen, but since I'm sprint premier, it would be a shame not to switch it out as often as possible, plus I like getting new toys.

As far as Palm goes, I LOVE WEBOS, but I just wish it was on better built hardware, and with more RAM to start with...
    i totally agree.
    more RAM and CPU power and overall everything to match the OS
    I really have to test all 3 devices thoroughly before making a decision. My guess is that Nexus One will only be available online via google so I will not be able to test it unless I know someone else who gets one. That may be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Does the Nexus One have a lot of apps? Been trying to find a list of apps in their App Store but only saw a few.
    Google Marketplace has thousands, upon thousands of apps and games. Also, they normally have demos for the majority of whatever is posted. However, there's a disparity. Google has fragmented their user base. Some apps require being updated to Android 2.0. Which means, some users are stuck on 1.5 or 1.6 and can't use the app. Such as, Google Navigation requires 2.0. If you have 1.6, you just have regular Google maps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12