1.    #1  
    While I appreciate the obvious value of Google Voice and use it often, I have one problem I can't seem to solve.

When I listen to the actual voicemail message (whether through the Visual Voicemail app, or through a link in the email message sent by Google), the message always plays loudly on the external speaker (ala speaker phone), even though I would be happy to listen to it through the standard ear speaker like I do on a regular phone call.

I do have the VV App and the GSM WAV Codec installed through Preware.

... and so now everyone around me gets to hear the message too. How do I change this?
    If you call your google voice number from your cell phone, you can listen to your messages through the phone like normal voicemail. It will ask for your pin, then play your messages.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by drossing View Post
    If you call your google voice number from your cell phone, you can listen to your messages through the phone like normal voicemail. It will ask for your pin, then play your messages.
    yeah, no kidding, drossing #2 .... but that takes 18 more button pushes than listening via VV. ...

Anyone have an actual answer?
    I created a contact for my google voice #. In the phone number field I entered my google voice number followed by two Ts then my pin. Each T makes the phone pause for two seconds before dialing the next number. Then I assigned a speed dial to the contact.

works great... Everytime I want to listen to my voicemail I just hold 4 for a few seconds.

I also have gvoice text me the transcript. Most of the time you get the sense without even having to listen. Sometimes you get amazingly funny transcriptions.

just my two cents