Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Can someone help me. I install Geocaching for webOS. No every time that application updates, it triggers something in my Pre. Now I go into check for updates, it will keep telling me there are application updates where there are none.

I tried to remove the app and that didn't help. I tried a visit to the doctor. That didn't help. I tried a full erase. That didn't help. I even tried the secure erase. That didn't help either. It keeps telling me there are app updates. PLEASE HELP!!!
    What versions can you get on it? I have v0.3.1, and it works very well.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    That was the version I had. When I started getting the phantom update notifications, I noticed there was a newer version in Preware. I didn't to any update. I just let it be. I then removed it however I am still getting the same problem.
    I don't know if it matters....but the developer started it on preware, was called precache. Now it has moved to the normal app catalouge and is called, as you know, geocaching for webos.

I removed the old preware/precaching app before downloading the new version from the app cataouge.

Have you only installed it from preware? You could try that.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I'm actually trying do what ever I can to get it out of the system so it doesn't keep my phone from saying there are app update when there are no updates. I have tried to erase the app and then the other steps above. This is driving me crazy.
    oof. Sounds like a weird problem in the phone somewhere.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yeah. I am not amused by this.
    I'm having the same problem with the phone saying I have app updates when there are none. Did full secure erase, then doctored, and it's still there. I've never had either geocaching program on my Pre.

There seem to be a couple of theories on why this is happening (it's not an uncommon problem), but I don't know that anyone has definitively figured out either the cause or a fix that works for everyone. Good luck.
    It's really freaky and I don't know, where the problem is In my Pre is everything working good. If anybody have any idea, it's welcome.

By the way, source is here, anybody can look and figure out.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Wow...it is more common that I thought. And seeing that you have the same problem but you have never used that app just left me with more questions than answers. I guess since there are others in the same boat makes me feel a little better but still frustrated. I guess misery loves company.
    I've heard this can happen when you install an app as homebrew (with Preware or WebOS Quick Install) but then it graduates into the official App Catalog. I think you have to remove the homebrew version of the app first (and with Preware or WebOS Quick Install too I beleive, not just Orange + tap in the launcher), then re-install it from the App Catalog...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Like mentioned above, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $has$ $to$ $do$ $something$ $with$ $installing$ $the$ $same$ $app$ ($same$ $ID$) $from$ $the$ $Homebrew$ $installers$, $then$ $the$ $App$ $catalog$. $Doctoring$ $won$'$t$ $help$, $since$ $the$ $glitch$ $is$ $actually$ $in$ $your$ $Palm$ $profile$. $The$ $solution$ $is$ $to$ $create$ $a$ $new$ $profile$, $but$ $then$ $you$ $lose$ $all$ $paid$ $apps$, $unless$ $Palm$ $support$ $can$ $do$ $something$ $for$ $you$.
    Happens to me too.
    However, I don't worry about it, since I check app updates only via the App Catalog and not via the updates icon. It's faster and this bug does not happen there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    I've heard this can happen when you install an app as homebrew (with Preware or WebOS Quick Install) but then it graduates into the official App Catalog. I think you have to remove the homebrew version of the app first (and with Preware or WebOS Quick Install too I beleive, not just Orange + tap in the launcher), then re-install it from the App Catalog...
    Do you know if this applies to apps that you have downloaded in homebrew, then the app catalog, and then deleted both? Or is it only current apps that you have, that you had a homebrew version of in the past? And, if the homebrew version no longer exists, is there no way to fix it (with the uninstall all versions, reinstall homebrew, uninstall via Preware/WOSQI, reinstall app catalog version solution)?

I hope that all makes sense. It confuses me to read it, but I can't really explain any better than that. I know it's just a bug, and really not a big deal, but it annoys me.