Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    good thread gone bad smh ...
    After seeing sweetnessinfall's sig photo, I was going to say it was a bad thread gone good.
    With windows 7 the novacom driver is a crap shoot, I mean half the time it works and the other half it's a big headache.

Are you using windows 7 x86 or x64.
    If you have windows 7 pro, bis, or ultimate, I suggest that you get the windows xp emulator and do all your pre stuff through that, it's the next best thing when you don't have access to a windows xp box.

If you have any questions you can PM me.

Other suggestions are to remove novacom from your pc via control panel and to reboot before attempting to reinstall WebOS QI.
    Also, it wouldn't hurt to delete all your QI files and start from scratch.

If that fails, and your device is already in dev mode, you can always try the PreWare installers found @ get.preware.org
    I always use these installers since I don't have too much use for WebOS QI.

Good Luck.
  3.    #23  
    Thanks for you help guys!
  4.    #24  
    x64
    Quote Originally Posted by rxs2k View Post
    With windows 7 the novacom driver is a crap shoot, I mean half the time it works and the other half it's a big headache.

Are you using windows 7 x86 or x64.
    If you have windows 7 pro, bis, or ultimate, I suggest that you get the windows xp emulator and do all your pre stuff through that, it's the next best thing when you don't have access to a windows xp box.

If you have any questions you can PM me.

Other suggestions are to remove novacom from your pc via control panel and to reboot before attempting to reinstall WebOS QI.
    Also, it wouldn't hurt to delete all your QI files and start from scratch.

If that fails, and your device is already in dev mode, you can always try the PreWare installers found @ get.preware.org
    I always use these installers since I don't have too much use for WebOS QI.

Good Luck.
    i just have the windows 7 home edition, so maybe that is why i didnt notice all the problems other people are having with the wosqi
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    After seeing sweetnessinfall's sig photo, I was going to say it was a bad thread gone good.
    +1

It was a highlight.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    i just have the windows 7 home edition, so maybe that is why i didnt notice all the problems other people are having with the wosqi
    x86 and x64 refer to the cpu architecture... many of the new pcs being sold today are running the 64-bit version of windows 7. It has nothing to do with the type fo windows 7 you have.

In the past 32-bit was the mainstream cpu architecture so drivers for 32 bit systems are different than those on 64 bit systems... it just works differently.

If you want to find out more you can go to 64-bit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otherwise, there is no difference between the version of windows 7 being run other than the architecture type, the difference here is for which version of the novacom driver is being used.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxs2k View Post
    x86 and x64 refer to the cpu architecture... many of the new pcs being sold today are running the 64-bit version of windows 7. It has nothing to do with the type fo windows 7 you have.

In the past 32-bit was the mainstream cpu architecture so drivers for 32 bit systems are different than those on 64 bit systems... it just works differently.

If you want to find out more you can go to 64-bit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otherwise, there is no difference between the version of windows 7 being run other than the architecture type, the difference here is for which version of the novacom driver is being used.
    oh well i have the 64 bit like most new computers, but even though i still didn't have any problems installing wosqi. i didn't know that their was even an 86 bit so you taught me something new lol
    thanx
    no gas
    I have noticed that (at least with Win7) when my Pre is not detected, I have to go into Administrative Tools | Services and restart the "Palm Novacom" service.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12