1.    #1  
    What is the difference with doing a full erase or using the doctor? Will a full erase bring you back to factory settings.

I want to remove all my patches and preware and start over.

Thanks
    yes full erase = factory settings , with the exception all your data is reloaded that was saved to back up app. full erase deletes everything in phone!
    doctor does not erase stuff stored on usb drive
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just finished a full erase and then Doctored my phone. I consider it a fresh start.
    lol that what i would call it too !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I was wondering about this earlier today:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...l-patches.html

I did the emergency patch removal, then full erase, then doctor 1.2 then doctor 1.4!
    Phone seems to be better now (so far)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    I was wondering about this earlier today:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...l-patches.html

I did the emergency patch removal, then full erase, then doctor 1.2 then doctor 1.4!
    Phone seems to be better now (so far)
    so you have none of the bugs that 1.4 came with ?? let me know how that goes , i was debating doing that same thing but not if the bugs just come back lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    To remove all the patching and everything you have added to the phone you need to do a full erase, and doctor back to 1.2. The later ones will leave stuff on your phone.

I did a full erase and doctored to 1.3.5.1. I noticed the mytether patch was still on my phone, I just wasted an hour doing all of that. Moral of the story is doctor back to 1.2
    OK. Yesterday I first backed up my data, then ran EPR, Did a full erase, Doctored to 1.2, then Doctored to 1.4. My multiple page patch is still on. My phone seems to normal battery life again! I havent started background running apps like WallPaper Switaroo and YouMail visual voicemail yet so those might have been causing the huge battery drainage.
    No this thread is quiet old but can someone help me out here?

I'm getting ready to sell my Palm Pre that I haven't used in awhile and had service disconnected to. I have a lot of patches on it that I want to remove before selling. My questions is will doing a full erase remove these patches and set the phone back at factory settings for the next user who purchases it?

Is it a necessary that I run the webos doctor along with a full erase to remove the patches? If so my pre is on webos 1.4.5, can someone direct me where to get that version of webos doctor?

Thank you.
    For the record, the webOS doctor is "suppose" to wipe out the entire webOS build, leaving the media/internal volume alone, and reinstalls webOS. I do this to my poor Sprint Pre every other day with the 1.4.5 doctor fine. For the record, the partial and full erase does NOT touch the webOS, just the DBs and cookies, thus why the webOS doctor exists.

However there are times a doctor may not get everything on the purge so just try again, my record is 3 times to clean it out. Also there could be functions that after the doctor seemingly is still patched but that is because the mod saved changes to the cookie file that is now backed up to the palm profile backup. Launcher page mod is a prime example, you will keep the same number of pages past the 3 after the doctor. Wipe out your backup from the palm profile and you will have a pure stock device.

Hope this makes sense, playing loud music atm so my thoughts are in ADD mode
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mdotsteele View Post
    No this thread is quiet old but can someone help me out here?

I'm getting ready to sell my Palm Pre that I haven't used in awhile and had service disconnected to. I have a lot of patches on it that I want to remove before selling. My questions is will doing a full erase remove these patches and set the phone back at factory settings for the next user who purchases it?

Is it a necessary that I run the webos doctor along with a full erase to remove the patches? If so my pre is on webos 1.4.5, can someone direct me where to get that version of webos doctor?

Thank you.
    No, Kernels and patches are immune to erases for erases dont touch the webOS itself. For your case, it will be a 3-step process.

1. Go to palm.com/ROM to follow the steps to run the webOS docotor.

after completion

2. At the point the device wants you to sign into your palm profile, tap the emergency call notification at the bottom, clear out the #s there and dial ##43574357# for CDMA or #*43574357# . This brings up device info, tap on reset options below and do a secure erase to wipe out all shreds of person info you have inputed.

3. Sell the phone to Addiarmadar for 20.00 USD
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Thanks for the feedback, slight problem though. I got impatient and just ran a full erase, and now I see the patches are still there lol. I'm trying to run the webos doctor but it's not recognizing my phone as being plugged in. Am I screwed, since I can't log into my palm profile?
    nevermind just found how to boot in recovery mode