1.    #1  
    You must check this out, and send a thank you card to the author:

Here is a quote:
    "But five weeks into this year, one product stands out above the others and should be given consideration as the most important product of the year so far -- the Palm Pre Plus smartphone... Without going overboard, it's possible to say that the Palm Pre Plus is the most important tech product we've seen in the early part of the year."

http://www.crn.com/hardware/22380024...PCKHWATMY32JVN
    I am happy he loves his Pre plus but he's obviously a noob.
    There are a number of improvements in the Pre Plus vs. the Pre, including battery life and over-the-air software updates,
    Uhhh, what?

There have been so many glowing Pre Plus reviews since it came out, which is great, but nearly every single one of them has been wrong about the differences with the Pre.

I am left to conclude that most of these glowing reviews just never used a Pre before and are making a bunch of assumptions.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I am happy he loves his Pre plus but he's obviously a noob.

Uhhh, what?

There have been so many glowing Pre Plus reviews since it came out, which is great, but nearly every single one of them has been wrong about the differences with the Pre.

I am left to conclude that most of these glowing reviews just never used a Pre before and are making a bunch of assumptions.
    I guess that tells us where Palm marketing is focusing their time... brainwashing technical reviewers. ... just sayin'

I'm most interested in that he apparently made that 5 hour call while sitting on the Touch Stone... the only explanation for 5 hours not moving the battery guage.

But, he recognizes it for the game changer that it is, and that it has capabilities that they big dogs will have to catch up to. He realizes it isn't just a me-too iPhone wanna-be, even if the examples he uses are a little off.... (shucks, I'm sorry that the Sprint users haven't been able to get updates over the air... thanks to Palm for adding that to the Plus...grin).

I've also seen consistently better speed when tethering to my Pre Plus, so who knows what he was doing, or what lead-lined building he was in.

I'm just happy for the good words. I'll take positive as it comes and not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Go Palm, Go!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/17/2010 at 05:47 PM.