Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a few apps or patches or something (sorry, this is my first Palm, only 2nd smartphone - switched from the Moto Droid ). Is there anything that lets you send/receive texts that are longer than 160 characters in just 1 message? I know "dumb phones" as well as my Droid would automatically send/receive it as MMS past 160 chars.

Also, and this isn't a huge deal, just me being picky -- is there a setting (or again, a patch or something) to stop auto-correction, i.e. capitalization and turning "r" into "are," "u" into "you," etc?
    You can send/get texts that are longer than 160 it just breaks it down into separate texts and sometimes it come/send them out of order.

and there's an homebrew app called Auto Correct Edit but if your trying to type r and it change to are just press backspace and it goes back to r
    I believe( though i could be wrong) that the text message size doesnt have much to do with the phones, its the carriers that wont let texts be bigger then 160 characters
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richardschris View Post
    I believe( though i could be wrong) that the text message size doesnt have much to do with the phones, its the carriers that wont let texts be bigger then 160 characters
    Especially Verizon (w/ some dumbphones if not all).

No problems sending long text messages with Pre+