1.    #1  
    I hate Sprint so much, I can't bare to pay them any more of my money, even if it means paying a contract termination fee to Sprint AND a little more to Verizon per month and getting the the Palm Pre Plus.

My question is: Any way of bringing my apps, both free and purchased, with me?
    apps are connected to your palm profile, so you should be able to keep them as long as you use that same profile on your new phone
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    If it's from the Palm app cat.
    Yes. You'll have to redownload them again, but there's no charge. You already bought them.
    I switched to Verizon about 5 years ago because I couldn't take all the billing and network problems I had with Cingular and AT&T for many years before that. I have to say that Verizon's network is amazing, and their customer service has always been fantastic. Of course, I have multiple phones and unlimited plans, so I'm sure they tend to be exceptionally helpful...

They have provided fantastic support for the many smartphones I've had since then (starting with the Palm flip phone pictured on the left...)

The have stretched the rules or made exceptions when it was the right thing to do. I have to say I'm surprised that they don't advertise that their customer service is almost as dependable as their network. It may have cost me more on my monthly bill, but I have never regretted it.

I'd go back to my Centro or Treo before I'd leave Verizon...

Onle bit of advice, buy your phone on-line or in a "company owned" store. The mall stores (even the bog ones) and kiosks can be dangerous, and they really tricked my wife on her last upgrade. I marched back that night for a full refund, and then went to the nearby company store, and the problem was solved.

I don't know if this is still the case, but those mall stores and kiosks can't participate in the new-every-two upgrade program. That was one of the lies they told my wife... FYI.

I hope you will report back so we know how your experience is when you buy the Pre, and as you use the Verizon service. And I hope they treat you as well as they've treated me.
  6.    #6  
    any suggestion on how to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by dddstudiomax View Post
    I hate Sprint so much, I can't bare to pay them any more of my money, even if it means paying a contract termination fee to Sprint AND a little more to Verizon per month and getting the the Palm Pre Plus.
    I'm contemplating a change too. But part of my argument for getting out of the ETF will be that I've lost NFL, which matters greatly to all of the phones on my account. This (to me at least) constitutes a material change in the terms of the service and hence subject to not paying the ETF, as discussed at the end of last year on a different topic. I don't know if Sprint will consider it a materially adverse change.

You might try the same tactic.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    On how to do what?

You just log into your EXISTING palm profile from your new verizon pre or pixi.
    agreed with djmcgee
    You should be good to go, since its still a WebOS device. Sprint not have good reception in your area though? I haven't had any but fantastic customer service from them in my (almost)year of service with them. And I don't have to eat cup noodles to pay my phone bill(poor college student)! Yay!