1.    #1  
    I just purchased my phone today from Radio Shack, I get home and find out

A.) the build date is from back in November...how in the hell is a Palm Pre still in stock in Radio Shack from back in November? It's now March!

B.) The home button is the old pearl color, not the silver/chrome...I don't want the pearl button. Just curious does anyone know when Palm updated the home button color from pearl to silver/chrome?

Trying to figure out what I can do to get a different phone. Any ideas?

Thanks
    SPRINT...the carrier I never thought I'd switch to (and didn't lol)!
    A. Palm's been having this problem selling phones. RS didn't cut the price to be nice. Shh..

B. You really care? Be happy if everything works.
    I guess I don't understand. The phone works fine, right? Who cares if it was made in November? Good luck getting them to swap it out just because you don't like the color of the center button.
    Build date is when it was built, has nothing to do with when it was shipped or even stocked. Build date of November is better than build date of June or July, I wouldn't worry too much about this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I just purchased my phone today from Radio Shack, I get home and find out

A.) the build date is from back in November...how in the hell is a Palm Pre still in stock in Radio Shack from back in November? It's now March!

B.) The home button is the old pearl color, not the silver/chrome...I don't want the pearl button. Just curious does anyone know when Palm updated the home button color from pearl to silver/chrome?

Trying to figure out what I can do to get a different phone. Any ideas?

Thanks
    1. Products are manufactured in bulk, not "to order". November is the latest build I've seen. Palm builds in batches of however many, letting stock run down until more are needed, and sending out the oldest first.

2. Does the color (which, to me, is pretty unnoticable anyway) matter so much? Use it. Chances are good you'll be over the pearlish silver color instead of silverish pearl color in a few days.
    I think mine had a July or Aug build date and I bought it in Jan, so that looks normal. Also mine has a pearl colored home button, I think all the newer ones do.