Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I have a Sprint Pre and I have some patches installed, but my pre started to do something very odd recently.

My calls are just hanging up, but usually if it hung up there would be a reason afterwards (ie call faded, call dropped). This time there is no reason and it just drops with no apparent reason.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    nope. I was experiencen it 2 awhile bacc only thing I can say is go to ur phone app drag down go 2 prefrences and update prl if it still happn call tech support and thell trouble shoot it and if that doesn't work they should send you a new 1
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jzgze View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a Sprint Pre and I have some patches installed, but my pre started to do something very odd recently.

My calls are just hanging up, but usually if it hung up there would be a reason afterwards (ie call faded, call dropped). This time there is no reason and it just drops with no apparent reason.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Are you calling someones cellphone or a land line for these calls that are dropped? I've had this problem for every cellphone I've owned on Sprint when the other side of the line fades out. Also, it could be the signal fades out on your end with out your noticing and your cheek/fingers do some touching after the proximity switch turns the screen back on (which would explain the randomness and is something I've done a few times).

If it's none of those I recommend hitting the Palm user forums and write it up. I know a few engineers for Palm visit PC but you'll have a better chance of getting an answer or a bug report written over there.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I'm really new to pre I just had my Mogul swapped to pre because sprint no longer carries mogul. Love the phone but battery sucks (nothing new there) and signal is terrible in my area. Which is weired because my mogul always had full bars in my area.

Anyways I was dropping calls quite a bit and my friend told me to try the internal antenna boosters that sell on ebay for $1 (yes I was skeptical because I tried this thing years ago and never found it to work). I did wrap it around my battery near the copper connections and the last week not only my battery is about 25% better but only dropped one call versus dropping one call a day before. Try it it won't hurt to spend $1 included shipping.