Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    A responsible employee will explain the pros and cons of any phone, including the Pre. Most of the complaints here are about employees that won't even talk about the Pre to a customer or try to convince them not to buy one, which is unacceptable and totally worthy of bashing them for.
    This is the exact point I was going to make as well. If they don't feel as strongly about the Pre as they do, say, a BB then instead of telling a customer they shouldn't get it, they should be INFORMING their customers on the pros and cons about each device.

I actually had great service with my verizon store several weeks ago when I went in and said "I'm interested in possibly upgrading to the Palm Pre Plus when my contract allows it." Instead of the response I've heard others have such as "I hate the Palm, you want a Droid", I got the awesome response of "What qualities are you looking for in your phone?" and "I think the Palm is a great choice for that, but I want to be sure you've looked at other options we have as well such as the BB Storm and the Motorola Droid. Would you mind if we look at all three of these phones together?" Yes, I had already looked at both phones and decided I was not comfortable with them, but I let him continue to show me anyway. After going over several of the phones with the pros and cons, he still respected my opinion and never once tried to push me in one direction or another. Now THAT is how a salesman/woman should treat the customers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    A responsible employee will explain the pros and cons of any phone, including the Pre. Most of the complaints here are about employees that won't even talk about the Pre to a customer or try to convince them not to buy one, which is unacceptable and totally worthy of bashing them for.
    I agree. When i was asked (Verizon store) how they could help me I said sell me a Pre. Without any further conversation, I was told that I did not want that phone, that what I really needed was a Droid. Really? And just what exactly do I need in a phone Mr Sales Rep?

Palm may or may not have issues. Never the less, this salesman is a presumptive *****. He lost the easiest sale he would have ever made (and a lot of add-ons) while I went somewhere else and got the phone I wanted.

FWIW - I came to the forums not to complain about a problem, but to do my homework before purchasing a new phone.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Most of the threads are about employees negative attitudes on the Pre
    you're looking at it. this one is a "stop blaming them and blame palm" thread.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    what's your definition of premium materials? Glass and metal as opposed to plastic? This isn't about Palms deficiency it's about your desire for a different hardware build for webOS. Palms problem isn't returns for poor build quality it's a lack of initial sales. Don't you think if it was as wide spread as this forum indicates it would be what's listed as the reason for Palms declining stock and not poor sales?
    Premium materials:
    1. Better Plastic: The piano black casing is thin and transparent. This
    transparency causes the screen bleed. For the sprint pre, palm needs to
    start packaging it with the touch stone back. It makes a hugh difference
    in how the device feel in the hand. The device feels more solid as
    suppose to Fisher Price.

2. Whoever the LCD supplier is, stop doing business with them or get a
    better quality LCD. It's amazing how many dead pixel or inactive pixels
    the pre had intially.

3. Of course they could use glass and metal for their next device. But
    regardless, glass, plastic, or metal, which ever they choose, get the
    better quality. I don't mine paying a premium for a device that is high
    quality, better built, and reliable. And so do many Americans and folks
    other parts of the world.

built, and r
    hi fellow Pre users,

If you know the address of the Verizon store, you might want to rate it in this thread (below) which is being "actively read" by Palm according to one of the posts in the thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...zon-store.html

There is nothing like having your experiences count.
    olidie 4 sprint Pre's not a single one has had a screen bleed. Not even slightly. The touchstone back does feel better in the hand, but I think it's the added weight of the magnet that helps with the feel more than the slick plastic surface.

bluenote I'm a Sprint customer but I will certainly look up the address of the VZW store I went to last week to rate it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12