Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you guys think that there will be a new Palm phone unveiled at this year's CTIA next week? It looks like Sprint is going to announce the HTC Supersonic as its first 4G phone. IMO Palm needs to release something new and quick, to get us Palm fans excited again! (especially after Windows P7S has been talked about so much in the recent weeks)
    How long till CTIA?

Unless it's in Q3 I don't think Palm will have anything ready to show off before then.
    CTIA is next week. Dunno if Palm will have anything to unveil or not, but the Supersonic will be unveiled, and it will likely beat anything Palm has in the oven to market and Sprint stores.

I may get one. Dunno.
    Won't happen, unless it's to be released in the next 30 days. Otherwise, Palm won't sell another device until it IS released. Even Apple doesn't announce a new iPhone at this point until it's pretty darn close to shipping.

HTC can get away with it because they sell so many different devices on so many carriers, and the Android market is so fractured anyways that another device or two won't make a difference to anyone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    CTIA is next week. Dunno if Palm will have anything to unveil or not, but the Supersonic will be unveiled, and it will likely beat anything Palm has in the oven to market and Sprint stores.

I may get one. Dunno.
    Ya I'm deffinatelly picking up the Supersonic, I just hope we don't have to wait to long before its released.
    that supersonic is gonna sell like hotcakes..
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    that supersonic is gonna sell like hotcakes..
    i agree with you, latest and greatest always sells, not only that but sprint just annouced the Nexus One aswell.. palm will def need to keep up now..

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Won't happen, unless it's to be released in the next 30 days. Otherwise, Palm won't sell another device until it IS released. Even Apple doesn't announce a new iPhone at this point until it's pretty darn close to shipping.
    Palm did announce the Pre at CES last year in Jan and the Pre was released in June.
    Supersonice or not, if it's not WebOS (which it is not of course) I'm not interested. Android and Winmo phones are not the same anymore. After WebOS, the rest feel clunky, very clunky.

I'll pick up a new phone if it has true multitasking but otherwise, no thanks. Latest & greatest or not.

According to Engadget, the Supersonic will be Sprint's (or any carriers) first 4G/WiMax device, although 4g coverage is still limited at best. At least Sprint is getting some love.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    If palm does unveil something there are a few things it has to have if they hope to sell any.
    1. Better hardware, the pre is great and all but its not very durable.
    2. Better guts, faster processor, more memory ( at least 32)
    3. 4g, no real point in making 3g phones anymore now that 4g is getting to more and more cities
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Palm did announce the Pre at CES last year in Jan and the Pre was released in June.
    They also didn't have any competitive smart phone on the market at the time. They used the several months to the release date to hype the phone. If they did the same thing today, the Pre/Pixi sales would fall to nothing instead of its current state of nearly nothing. Apple did the same thing with the iPhone. Long hype on first phone, quick 1-2 punches on the subsequent releases. You could argue they informally announce over time by "leaking" material, but I would argue those are for the fan(gender)-hype engine they need to keep churning to maintain market mind share more than they are meant to announce releases.
    Last edited by Honis; 03/17/2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: appearently "fan" and "boy" when combined into a compound word results in a censor screen of ******
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    stand by the conference call tom and see if they pre-announce anything.
    I sure hope they announce a new webOS phone because I love webOS. I'm just starting to get sick of this hardware.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I think a one word response might be merited. Trying to decide which of these two words it should be:

ELAN or C40
    ELAN = AT&T version of the Pixi, according to some sources. It was mentioned couple months ago, but I think people are blowing it out of water thinking it's something completely new.

C40? As long as it looks beautiful as the current Pre&(+) I'll be excited =)
    TopTongueBarry is a source of sorts, he seems to have some inside information due to his affiliation with AT&T, I'm not a firm believer but I tend to give him some credence.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I think a one word response might be merited. Trying to decide which of these two words it should be:

ELAN or C40
    I have a theory (maybe a crazy one): could all the talk of AT&T delaying their Palm release be around a _new_ device, rather than the Pre/+ or Pixi/+? The talk of technical issues sure does seem to make more sense for a completely new device than ones that are already running on GSM networks elsewhere in the world.

Thoughts?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Wow how do you think all the Pre users would handle that?? New Device not on Sprint..OMG ...LOL
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Wow how do you think all the Pre users would handle that?? New Device not on Sprint..OMG ...LOL
    Although it's usually assumed that a carrier will get an exclusive, it's not written in stone. Maybe Sprint will get their own version? Maybe that's part of the reason AT&T has cooled on Palm a bit?

More speculation, but that's what makes all this fun, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker11 View Post
    Do you guys think that there will be a new Palm phone unveiled at this year's CTIA next week?
    No.
    Sprint customers who bought the Pre in June of last year will be eligible for an upgrade this summer, so Palm better have a new phone by then or all the Sprint Pre owners will move to another phone.

Palm NEEDS to release a new phone this summer. Q4 is too little to late.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast