Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why will all the customers move to another phone? Why would they? My upgrade phone is up on June 6 like everyone else, but I still haven't seen a phone that I'd replace my pre with, and come June 6th if there is no news from Palm I will just wait till there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Why will all the customers move to another phone? Why would they? My upgrade phone is up on June 6 like everyone else, but I still haven't seen a phone that I'd replace my pre with, and come June 6th if there is no news from Palm I will just wait till there is.
    Agreed.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The people on this forum whom say that if Palm doesn't announce a new phone in June 'people' will move to a new phone: they're talking about themselves. Some of the people on this forum switch phones as often as they switch underwear. So they're not the norm. I don't expect the normal consumer is sitting around saying "Man, if Palm doesn't release a new phone in June I'm moving to a new phone". They'll stick it with their phone of choice for two years and go from there. That is what the majority of consumers do. They're not your gadget freak that you see here.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    im sick of this shet. gonna move away from palm in the summer if nothing is released by then. we need new stuff to keep us loyal.
    ALL the Pre users is a vast overstatement. But the Nexus One and Supersonic WILL take some away, and you can bet your **** Sprint will put all of their marketing behind the Supersonic as their first and flagship 4G device. Hesse is on record as saying he wants to shift their lineup to big screen 4G devices that will be ideal to consume new TV and video services Sprint wants to sell.

And at this point...Palm's next device is vapourware. The competition is real and will start rolling out next week.
    palm really needs to announce some new hardware and not a webos pre/pixi+ release especially with this http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...-nexus-one-too
    if palm would of rolled out with a better quality hardware than our current one I'm sure some of us would stay around and wait for the next version of the Pre. In my case I like the OS but the hardware is not up to quality. I'm def keeping my eyes open for anything new palm has to offer,but as of now the htc supersonic is calling me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    And at this point...Palm's next device is vapourware. The competition is real and will start rolling out next week.
    The Nexus One might roll out soon, but that'll be sold by Google themselves and isn't intended to be a high-volume device (and I'm guessing won't sell like one). And while the Supersonic will be announced next week, I'm not expecting it to ship for quite some time. My understanding is that's it's not anywhere close to being ready for release. Note: if I'm wrong about the timeframe here, I'd love to be corrected.

Of course, Palm could very well have a new hardware device almost ready to go, and we'd know nothing about it. Certainly, they proved they could keep something secret by revealing NOTHING about the Pre before January of last year. And they won't announce whatever they have coming up until they're ready to release it.

So, a June timeframe is the soonest I'd expect the next-gen Palm device and the Supersonic to duke it out.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    i am perfectly happy with my sprint palm pre... could care a less if they come out with something new... my phone does everything i need it too very well
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    palm really needs to announce some new hardware and not a webos pre/pixi+ release
    No. No they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabluprint173 View Post
    if palm would of rolled out with a better quality hardware than our current one I'm sure some of us would stay around and wait for the next version of the Pre. In my case I like the OS but the hardware is not up to quality. I'm def keeping my eyes open for anything new palm has to offer,but as of now the htc supersonic is calling me.
    I doubt it. Always chasing the next big thing. When the euphoria of the new must have gadget wears off it's time to move on again to the next so called big thing. Spec chasing is the name of the game. Palm nor any other company can change that mindset.

I'm not saying its the wrong or right way to think. I just think that a lot of people on this forum whom say that they'll move on in the summer if Palm doesn't announce something new would move on anyways in search of the next awesomely spec'd piece of hardware.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Waiting more than a year to rollout a new device is not very smart IMO. I don't consider the Pre+ a new device.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Palm will roll out a new device this year. I am just a skeptical that it will be out in June.

It's a tough game. The next generation of processors (that are better than what's in the Pre) won't be ready until late this year. So if Palm releases something earlier than that, it won't be THAT much more powerful than the Pre is now.

Then, if they released something this summer, there is no way they could afford to release another phone until next summer -meanwhile there will be lots of devices coming out Q1 2011 that use the next gen chips.

Really, if Palm came out with a phone this summer it won't be all that different than the Pre except maybe in Screen size and ram. Is that worth shooting their load for until Summer 2011?
    meh I wanna see landscape keyboard ... Bigger phone ...

ima keep my pre though. =)
    I'm one of those that upgrades once a year. I'm eligible in Sept, but I'm giving it until Nov/Dec for something to come out. If Palm doesn't have something I will most likely move on to something else. I'd like it to be a new Palm though. This has been by far my favorite phone.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    meh I wanna see landscape keyboard

Mmm, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Bigger phone ...
    No. Please. I love the fact that I can have a usable smartphone screen on a phone that is almost the exact same size, shape, and weight as the Motorola Renegade V950 flip phone that I had before this. Squeezing a few more millimeters out of the existing form factor would be nice, though, and so would a few more pixels...
    agree. Palm needs to at least announce something new in the next few weeks. Will be standing by the conference call tom.
    im sure palm is cooking some new hardware, will they reveal it next week... no! i do hope they will anounce something by summer, they need a new phone to compete with the likes of the new iphone.
    as long as Palm does not go down, i will continue on using "WEDos".
    The game isn't won/lost on new hardware, its a slow rollout and patience. New hardware will come, but only after things stabilize and firm up with all the carriers.

Palm has a plan, I am confident of that, but its not short-term. The frequent updates to the OS are part of that plan, one that I'm personally VERY pleased with so far.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I would doubt Palm announces a new handset. Even if they do, with the projected unveiling of the Supersonic, I doubt it will be for Sprint. Sprint would not want to upstage itself. If ANYTHING, they'll announce AT&T or T-Mobile launch plans. While this is good news, I'm still getting impatient waiting on a new WebOS phone for Sprint. I've had a full upgrade available since November and the itch to upgrade may lead me to scratch it with a Supersonic, as bad as that sounds. Luckily I have two lines so I don't have to give up WebOS completely.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12