1.    #1  
    My first Pre purchased in August had it's screen quit on me out of the blue. After much hassle, Sprint told me to drive an hour out of my way to a specific Sprint Store where they would replace it. They gave me a refurbished model.

This model has been fine until yesterday, when I tried to slide my phone closed after sending a text, and it caught on something. A tiny Phillips screw was lodged on the left edges. While the top half was wedged upwards like this, I could clearly see the hole in which it would have fallen out from. I don't understand how it actually FELL out, given how tight that space is in the first place.

I was on a business trip when this happened, so I called Sprint at the airport. They told me that it would cost me $100 in a deductible to replace the Pre (again, my 2nd). Predictably, no local Sprint store (I live in Milwaukee) seemed capable of dealing with tech support, so I called the Out of My Way Store again.

They told me they cannot fix the Pre, and as the phone isn't malfunctioning, I'm not up for a refurbished swap. Not that I want a refurbished one again anyway, I paid for the thing brand new not 8 months ago.

My questions:

A) Is this a normal defect?
    B) Does it even matter? Phone seems to work just fine.
    What a POS. Make some calls until they replace that thing.
    $100? Isn't it still under the 1 yr warranty? I don't think it's normal for the thing to start losing screws. LOL, I know it's not funny but I just finished reading the post about stop making negative posts and then I see your post. Makes it kind of hard not to post negative things when screws are falling out of your pre and Sprint is screwing you over by not wanting to replace it.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Agreed, think you're getting screwed over by a screw. It should be under warranty because it is a hardware issue, might have to talk to Palm but Sprint should honor it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Agreed, think you're getting screwed over by a screw. It should be under warranty because it is a hardware issue, might have to talk to Palm but Sprint should honor it.
    "screw over" LOL
    Call Palm and report the issue. They just replaced mine yesterday and all i had was a shakey slider. I didnt want to wait until its totally screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Call Palm and report the issue. They just replaced mine yesterday and all i had was a shakey slider. I didnt want to wait until its totally screwed up.
    How interesting -- yesterday you said that you told Palm you had several problems that you really didn't have just to get a new phone:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2310190