1.    #1  
    Appible LLC makes the classic book ports for the App Catalog. I noticed that all the apps that have have at least one rating with 5 stars and no feedback. I seems that someone is auto-rating the apps 5 stars as soon as they are launched in the Catalog. Seems suspicious to me.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    Appible LLC makes the classic book ports for the App Catalog. I noticed that all the apps that have have at least one rating with 5 stars and no feedback. I seems that someone is auto-rating the apps 5 stars as soon as they are launched in the Catalog. Seems suspicious to me.
    fight back and give 0 stars and put "cheating" as feedback lol
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Not suspicious at all
    The owner could have rated it five stars, or any other employee.
    For the rating, it won't win, because mainly you have to have A LOT of people voting 5 stars for it to have any chance at winning the whole thing.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    fight back and give 0 stars and put "cheating" as feedback lol
    Sadly you have to download the app to review it so you can't fight the cause without helping it
    I think IMDB uses a bell curve to weed out the mass of people that spam 10 or 0. Maybe Palm could do the same thing.

They have to buy their own app to rate it, and if nobody else wants the app its not going to even out the ratings, but then again nobody is buying it.
    I don't consider a single vote to be 'suspicious' or gaming the system at all. Supposing there is an employee doing that - he's a Palm user with an opinion too. Even politicians can vote for themselves once... (If I see my dead cat 5 star reviewing their apps though I'll be pretty ticked.)

The real problem is that Palm orders the "Popular" apps by star reviews and not the number of sales within the last couple days or week (like Apple's Top 25 list does).
    Quote Originally Posted by ftlaudman View Post
    I don't consider a single vote to be 'suspicious' or gaming the system at all. Supposing there is an employee doing that - he's a Palm user with an opinion too. Even politicians can vote for themselves once... (If I see my dead cat 5 star reviewing their apps though I'll be pretty ticked.)

The real problem is that Palm orders the "Popular" apps by star reviews and not the number of sales within the last couple days or week (like Apple's Top 25 list does).
    Yeah, their Algorithm is quite ridiculous. For example, an App with 1 rating and 5 stars avg, is higher than and app with 100 ratings and 4 starts avg.

Pictureit for your Palm Pre and pixi
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    If i was a developer id do the same lol