1.    #1  
    Hi does anybody know if you bring in your PALM PRE into the SPRINT store..and let the TECH check your phone because you have a problem with you phone (not functioning right or damage)..will they take a look at it and fix it or swap it out if they can't fix it?.but the IMPORTANT QUESTION is WHAT IF I HAVE A FEW PATCHES AND HOMEBREW APPS..will they still be able to FIX my PALM PRE?..should i delete every HOMEBREW APP I have and remove ALL PATCHES before i bring in my phone to SPRINT? please anyone who had problems with the pre or knows anyone who did..does sprint support and fix or swap if you insurance on phone.thanks
    I would doctor it BEFORE bringing it in. I suppose some have gotten lucky with a tech that was not too particular about homebrews, but cannot believe hat it is official policy to honor servicing on phones with it.

Just doctor and THEN bring it to them.
    honestly it depends on the tech you get, most dont care at all that you have homebrew stuff on it, but like every company there will always be a few A** holes that want to ruin your day.
    So just to be safe I would take them off, only takes a few min. to reinstall preware anyways
  4.    #4  
    thanks for your help..but really don't think the doctor would work....my problem on my phone is that the VOLUME seem to stay on the screen and won't go away..eventhough i'm not pushing the volume keys..its hard to function with phone if the volume stays on..doesn't allow me to open new card or even the launcher when i have a card open...then can't even close the card that currently open..
    Quote Originally Posted by rgpnoy View Post
    thanks for your help..but really don't think the doctor would work....my problem on my phone is that the VOLUME seem to stay on the screen and won't go away..eventhough i'm not pushing the volume keys..its hard to function with phone if the volume stays on..doesn't allow me to open new card or even the launcher when i have a card open...then can't even close the card that currently open..
    No. I was not meaning that the Dr. would fix the issue. I assumed you would have done THAT before taking it to them at all. I meant to get the phone back to "out the box" settings so there are no homebrew items to worry with (as far as tech review goes).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    no. I was not meaning that the dr. Would fix the issue. I assumed you would have done that before taking it to them at all. I meant to get the phone back to "out the box" settings so there are no homebrew items to worry with (as far as tech review goes).
    not to sure what u mean..i have done the doctor before way back..but now affraid do that now..don't really think its a bug that needs to be fixed i think its the volume key..and reason why don't want to the doctor don't want to lose and info..but thanks again
    He was suggesting doctoring it to get rid of the homebrew apps and patches and just so you know, if you do doctor it any information you have saved on the usd drive such as photos and videos and documents will be saved, the doctor does not erase those.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardschris View Post
    he was suggesting doctoring it to get rid of the homebrew apps and patches and just so you know, if you do doctor it any information you have saved on the usd drive such as photos and videos and documents will be saved, the doctor does not erase those.
    thanks..yeah not too familar to the doctor..i just don't want my pre to lose every thing i got there..like contacts, messages, and others..because still don't know how to do a real backup..
    your contacts and all official palm catalog apps are backed up in the "cloud" aka palms servers, pretty much the only thing you will lose will be your text messages, but if spring replaces your phone you will lose those anyways
    Back up everything, Doctor it, then full erase it. There was a post on here somewhere about service getting refused because they saw preware on it.
    Always Doctor your phone before taking it into a carrier store for any "repair" reason.

Also, I heard that using a lot of CAPS makes people pay more attention to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by rgpnoy View Post
    They are not supposed to repair your phone, they are supposed to replace it if it has a problem. I've heard reports every now and then of techs that do repair them anyway, and a few reports of techs giving users a hard time because of HomeBrew being on the device.

So, if your hope is that you can bring in your hacked device, and they'll fix it and save you the trouble of re-hacking, not likely. They likely won't repair it, and could even give you grief.

Your best bet is to determine whether or not you think it's a hardware problem (sounds like it might be). If you think it is, Doctor the phone, take it to Sprint, and have them do what they will do.