Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. mahylo's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
       #1  
    my friend called verizon yesterday to order two palm pre pluses for the 24-hour $80 BOGOF sale, and the rep said 'There's a better special coming this Friday, let me see if I can get it for you now.'. Sure enough, her manager approved, and he got 2 pres FOR FREE!. Apparently, this is an online offer only, so you won't be able to do it in store.

    Also, he is a verizon customer already, so this was not a new activation.
  2. #2  
    how about changing the title from "DON'T" to "just wait"...
  3. #3  
    terrible title for this topic....might deter potential buyers
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  4. #4  
    Yeah from the thread title it really sounds like you're saying "Never ever buy a Palm Pre Plus. Ever."
  5. #5  
    seriously...............
  6. Nerelda's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #6  
    I agree with changing the title. At first I thought you were going to talk nasty about the phone.
  7. #7  
    Yeah, I had to laugh a bit. I thought for sure I was in for a flame war. But that sounds like a great deal to me...
  8. #8  
    stupid title.
  9. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #9  
    horrible title
  10. #10  
    nope keep the title as it is and at this point don't buy a Pre Plus ever. I mean this far into the game its way outdated hardware. Just pickup the nexus one next week.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    nope keep the title as it is and at this point don't buy a Pre Plus ever. I mean this far into the game its way outdated hardware. Just pickup the nexus one next week.
    unfortunately, the software isn't up to date enough yet on android as compared to the pre/pre plus
  12. Nerelda's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #12  
    I'm curious if your friend is able to get the free deals with having just one line, or if they are getting them with multiple line accounts?
  13. #13  
    I think we should all just flame you anyway (even though that's good news for some folks).
  14. mahylo's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
       #14  
    sorry.. I'm posting this from my pre from work.. I can't figure out how to change the title.. can the mod help out?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    nope keep the title as it is and at this point don't buy a Pre Plus ever. I mean this far into the game its way outdated hardware. Just pickup the nexus one next week.
    Yeah cause that's getting rave reviews... Hasn't sold too well, gets lower marks than the Pre+ by many reviewers (AOTS was just the most recent not the only), unsubsidized price of $500+ dollars, Yeah, sounds like a win to me. Where can I sign up?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    unfortunately, the software isn't up to date enough yet on android as compared to the pre/pre plus
    I'm actually using a Pre still but have also used a HTC Hero for like 10 days and I have to say if the internal hardware was better I would not be using a pre. You can flame whatever you want, but while the Pre is easier to use, after you get past the learning curve of Android it has so many more capabilities and its allot of simple things that you would never think of that are make it stand out from WebOS.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Yeah cause that's getting rave reviews... Hasn't sold too well, gets lower marks than the Pre+ by many reviewers (AOTS was just the most recent not the only), unsubsidized price of $500+ dollars, Yeah, sounds like a win to me. Where can I sign up?
    Uuuhm every single review I have read regarding the nexus one was great. Oooh and in regard to low sales, which store can I go and pick up a nexus one right now. Nowhere, so that explains sales. Lets wait till verizon has them in store with subsidized pricing next week before making calls like that. Now I'm not trying to fight here. The Pre is great, but I could care less for Palm HTC or any other company. I just want a great phone. Who makes it makes no difference to me.

    One majors site review, so I don't have to copy others and obviously rates better then the Pre.
    Nesus One:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33906802.html

    Palm pre:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33490473.html
  18. #18  
    Ha, look at the tags of this thread.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I'm actually using a Pre still but have also used a HTC Hero for like 10 days and I have to say if the internal hardware was better I would not be using a pre. You can flame whatever you want, but while the Pre is easier to use, after you get past the learning curve of Android it has so many more capabilities and its allot of simple things that you would never think of that are make it stand out from WebOS.
    it also takes simple things like closing apps difficult...for the average lay user who wants to pick up a phone and just go, the pre is much easier to use IMHO (yes, it works much better with preware and patches though, but out of the box usability is better with the pre)...to take it further, windows mobile can technically probably do more than the pre...but pretty much everyone agrees it's out of date...i think androids interface is similar in many ways, one being the task manager...but we digress, this thread is about getting a good deal on the pre plus.
    Last edited by kkumar99; 03/17/2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: addition
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    it also takes simple things like closing apps difficult...for the average lay user who wants to pick up a phone and just go, the pre is much easier to use IMHO (yes, it works much better with preware and patches though, but out of the box usability is better with the pre).
    You know I was one of the people on these forums saying the same thing, but the thing with Android is you just have to give it time get really familiar with it. Because it has so many options it takes longer to use it and closing apps, why close them. You have just been used to always having to close apps so its in your mind. With a Snapdragon process you really don't have to. I used a Hero and there was no lag when I didn't close the apps. Again I'm still using my Pre but mainly because I don't want to use my upgrade for a low internal hardware phone with sprint like the Hero, but the Second the Supersonic or Nexus One are released with sprint, I'm sorry to say I'll be gone. Not saying I won't be back again to WebOS, but the Hardware better be allot better on Palms next phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions