Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Uuuhm every single review I have read regarding the nexus one was great. Oooh and in regard to low sales, which store can I go and pick up a nexus one right now. Nowhere, so that explains sales. Lets wait till verizon has them in store with subsidized pricing next week before making calls like that. Now I'm not trying to fight here. The Pre is great, but I could care less for Palm HTC or any other company. I just want a great phone. Who makes it makes no difference to me.

    One majors site review, so I don't have to copy others and obviously rates better then the Pre.
    Nesus One:
    HTC Nexus One by Google (unlocked) Smartphones reviews - CNET Reviews

    Palm pre:
    Palm Pre (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
    It's pointless to argue, it really is. However with five minutes on google I could find reviews that go the other way and post links too. Online sales are huge, most people I know (and I know a lot) buy all their phones online so that shouldn't be a crippling factor, especially since it's not being marketed to the average dumb phone user. BTW Verizon won't be getting subsidized pricing and they won't have it in store (maybe a demo model perhaps)
  2. #22  
    I love how people say they left Palm and Webos and yet hey still come to PREcentral.....
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Uuuhm every single review I have read regarding the nexus one was great. Oooh and in regard to low sales, which store can I go and pick up a nexus one right now. Nowhere, so that explains sales. Lets wait till verizon has them in store with subsidized pricing next week before making calls like that. Now I'm not trying to fight here. The Pre is great, but I could care less for Palm HTC or any other company. I just want a great phone. Who makes it makes no difference to me.

    One majors site review, so I don't have to copy others and obviously rates better then the Pre.
    Nesus One:
    HTC Nexus One by Google (unlocked) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

    Palm pre:
    Palm Pre (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
    rant
    Reviews are useless to find out which one is BETTER. all they are good at is getting the basic features and someones OPINION. reviews are just that, an editors OPINION. whoever writes the review gives their OPINION

    its called having choices....if u say "i dont like the pre im going with the N1" fine ill respect that, but when you say "the pre sucks the n1 is better" and state it as a fact instead of an OPINION you lose credibility

    note the keyword

    end rant

    sarcastic

    addition: pre is better

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2311938

    end sarcasm
    Last edited by cnote1287; 03/17/2010 at 12:04 PM.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    You know I was one of the people on these forums saying the same thing, but the thing with Android is you just have to give it time get really familiar with it. Because it has so many options it takes longer to use it and closing apps, why close them. You have just been used to always having to close apps so its in your mind. With a Snapdragon process you really don't have to. I used a Hero and there was no lag when I didn't close the apps. Again I'm still using my Pre but mainly because I don't want to use my upgrade for a low internal hardware phone with sprint like the Hero, but the Second the Supersonic or Nexus One are released with sprint, I'm sorry to say I'll be gone. Not saying I won't be back again to WebOS, but the Hardware better be allot better on Palms next phone.
    I had a nexus one, and 2 mytouch 3g's....they are horrible. If someone thinks webOS is buggy, go to android for a month...its horrible. I swear it's the windows vista of phone OS's. And that snapdragon processor is quickly bogged down by the crappy OS. Sold my nexus one for the Pre and it was a wonderful decision....although I do wish I could have had a pre on tmobile.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    It's pointless to argue, it really is. However with five minutes on google I could find reviews that go the other way and post links too. Online sales are huge, most people I know (and I know a lot) buy all their phones online so that shouldn't be a crippling factor, especially since it's not being marketed to the average dumb phone user. BTW Verizon won't be getting subsidized pricing and they won't have it in store (maybe a demo model perhaps)
    Well but not everybody knows like us all the phones that are out there. Most people buy phones when they walk into the store and see it, and with the nexus one nobody is able to see it and feel it before they buy it.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    rant
    Reviews are useless to find out which one is BETTER. all they are good at is getting the basic features and someones OPINION. reviews are just that, an editors OPINION. whoever writes the review gives their OPINION

    its called having choices....if u say "i dont like the pre im going with the N1" fine ill respect that, but when you say "the pre sucks the n1 is better" and state it as a fact instead of an OPINION you lose credibility

    note the keyword

    end rant

    sarcastic

    addition: pre is better

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2311938

    end sarcasm
    +1
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by omeyga View Post
    I had a nexus one, and 2 mytouch 3g's....they are horrible. If someone thinks webOS is buggy, go to android for a month...its horrible. I swear it's the windows vista of phone OS's. And that snapdragon processor is quickly bogged down by the crappy OS. Sold my nexus one for the Pre and it was a wonderful decision....although I do wish I could have had a pre on tmobile.
    I guess thats why we have options, casue everybody things diffently. I had a HTC Hero which has half the speed of a processor and it was way faster at any point then the Pre and was not buggy at all so I don't know if you just didn't give it a chance. This is what I have to say to end this topic and go back to regular discussion. I had picked up a htc hero on the day it came out and returned it the next day because I thought compared to the pre it sucked. But later I used another one and became more conformable with it so I actually ended up buying one and used it for 10 days and its a great device you just have to figure out everything and get away from the Pre cause stuff just works differently. Now back to the Pre discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions