Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hello I need help. I just got a Refeurb pre on monday (today is wed.) and got it set up like my launch day pre with all my apps patches and theme. Then all of a sudden the keyboard isnt working and i cant type? I figured just a reset would suffice but upon restart not only has the keyboard not started to work again but all my apps are gone? all my preware apps and palm apps both? Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'd hate to have to wait on sprint techs to fix it!

My patches and tweaks look like the still are there (meaning my them is still usable, and battery icon as percent and launcher page headings etc etc) so I will download preware again via WOSQI and see if i can just hit an update to have them reappear in preware under installed packages?

Edit: When I log into preware i am getting this error message if it helps "Service Method Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException undefined" I click ok and it only shows preware and package manager as installed packages? please help.
    Last edited by chichi; 03/17/2010 at 10:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    OK so my keyboard is working again, but all my apps are still gone! After reinstalling preware the available packages is grey'd out w/ no #'s beside it? I tried to apply mw tweaks and patches via WOSQI and its saying i nead GNU patch and LSdiff.. the LSdiff is installed according to preware but the GNU patch isnt. where can I get this as an .ikpg or somehow to get onto my pre?
    I had this problem with the keyboard yesterday, it stopped working on a stock Pre, no patches or Preware. I reset the phone and even did a full erase and that did not work. Took it to the store and they pulled the battery out for 5 minutes and the keyboard started working again. The technician told me that since 1.4 they have been getting lots of strange issues and pulling the battery fixex most of them. He said that 1.4 introduced a lot of issues and that a fix update is on the way.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Thanks i did pull the battery so maybe thats why the keyboard works again, not sure.

but for the other issue i found this post on how to intall the GNU patch. Lets hope i can install all my tweaks and patches again afterwards
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ch-lsdiff.html
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    OK so I am able to add patches etc via WOSQI and they are showing up in preware but it is still not allowing me to add items directly via preware??? any help on this and the same error keeps showing on start up "Service Method Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException undefined"

also I cant find "match state to area code" patch in WOSQI??
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    ok so now its saying "Cant install" for apps ive paid for from the app catalog. help?
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    ok so now its saying "Cant install" for apps ive paid for from the app catalog. help?
    Do a full erase followed by a visit to the Dr
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Do a full erase followed by a visit to the Dr
    ARGHHHHHHH then i have to reinstall ALL my patches and tweaks? I just got it set up yest smh

Never had to visit the dr with my luanch day pre